Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

jeeeep

Hooked
I did moisture test it. There were a couple small areas where no matter what I did, the stuff didn't adhere properly. The prior owners had an old floor down, but oils or some other residue got deep into the concrete. Fortunately, the areas were small. I only sealed those parts and didn't do the rest of the floor.
The house was built in 88, so if there are any new cracks, it'll be from a damn sinkhole!
cracks are likely where the bodies are buried. 80's had a lot of serial killers lol

onlyone

I was taking the drivers seat cover off to steam the foam completely and let it dry but I tore out a couple clips. Usually you can slide them out but since I was leaving the seat in, I couldn’t. Oh well. I ordered a new OEM seat pad. Delivered in 2 days. Installed it today. Huge difference.

Attachments

• 5D3513D8-C08C-4B98-8607-B8E50B9F93F0.jpeg
    5D3513D8-C08C-4B98-8607-B8E50B9F93F0.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 1E0CA786-474F-49FD-90C4-9F2155F7F3C9.jpeg
    1E0CA786-474F-49FD-90C4-9F2155F7F3C9.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 9AC4A499-EE07-4BBF-A41D-E452A0768648.jpeg
    9AC4A499-EE07-4BBF-A41D-E452A0768648.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 090ABE6E-27A8-4BB1-A262-F1EEF92DEA02.jpeg
    090ABE6E-27A8-4BB1-A262-F1EEF92DEA02.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 75767E74-02ED-4133-9F7F-45D9DC60B70B.jpeg
    75767E74-02ED-4133-9F7F-45D9DC60B70B.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 14

Spazbyt

Hooked
I have been putting this project off for way too long but I finally got around to cleaning up some rust on my Jeep patriot. The rust was starting to get out of hand on the pinch seam at the bottom of the doors so before it rusted out or spread to the exterior too much I decided to POR 15 it. I sandblasted the pinch seam in an attempt to preserve as much of the pinch seam as possible. It's not a perfect fix but it was quick and dirty. 20230215_172110.jpg 20230215_172337.jpg
I may try and get a rattle can of color match to touch up the one exterior spot I had to grind on. Either way, I have to top coat the POR with something.
20230215_171651.jpg 20230215_174309.jpg
The only problem I ran into was the POR took longer than expected to dry so I had to drive it home with the doors wedged open and ratchet strapped closed so as not to get the wet paint into the weather stripping.
20230215_213244.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have been putting this project off for way too long but I finally got around to cleaning up some rust on my Jeep patriot. The rust was starting to get out of hand on the pinch seam at the bottom of the doors so before it rusted out or spread to the exterior too much I decided to POR 15 it. I sandblasted the pinch seam in an attempt to preserve as much of the pinch seam as possible. It's not a perfect fix but it was quick and dirty. View attachment 385064 View attachment 385063
I may try and get a rattle can of color match to touch up the one exterior spot I had to grind on. Either way, I have to top coat the POR with something.
View attachment 385065 View attachment 385062
The only problem I ran into was the POR took longer than expected to dry so I had to drive it home with the doors wedged open and ratchet strapped closed so as not to get the wet paint into the weather stripping.
View attachment 385061
LOL - too funny. POR is good stuff. It'll definitely get the job done.

I have been putting this project off for way too long but I finally got around to cleaning up some rust on my Jeep patriot. The rust was starting to get out of hand on the pinch seam at the bottom of the doors so before it rusted out or spread to the exterior too much I decided to POR 15 it. I sandblasted the pinch seam in an attempt to preserve as much of the pinch seam as possible. It's not a perfect fix but it was quick and dirty. View attachment 385064 View attachment 385063
View attachment 385065 View attachment 385062
View attachment 385061
You must have a master's degree in redneck science. Good stuff 😂👍

Sgt_USMC

I’m reviving some basic survival/camping skills I haven’t worked on in over a decade. Just got a fire piston made out of PVC and a wooden dowel, just need to find an o-ring for the dowel. The last one I made out of copper pipe, but I had some PVC laying around so I figured I would give it a go. The fit of the dowel is REALLY good! C7029AF7-3344-4A33-B9C4-B6DD70CDD2C2.jpeg EF8DF025-C281-46B8-BDF1-31387A0FBE7B.jpeg

Trail Bud

Hooked
I’m reviving some basic survival/camping skills I haven’t worked on in over a decade. Just got a fire piston made out of PVC and a wooden dowel, just need to find an o-ring for the dowel. The last one I made out of copper pipe, but I had some PVC laying around so I figured I would give it a go. The fit of the dowel is REALLY good! View attachment 388126 View attachment 388127
How does this work?
Never heard of one. I like survival stuff
My mentality, you never know….

WJCO

Meme King
So a fire piston works just like a piston in a diesel. It uses the compression of the air to cause heat and light an ember. It has a small divot in the end to hold char cloth and when slammed down into the tube it lights an ember.
I've seen these before. Very cool science.

Sgt_USMC

A really fun one to win bets with is the fire roll. Unroll a cotton ball on a board, sprinkle some ash on it and and the board, til it back up, and use another board to roll it back and forth fast. After a few seconds you should have an ember if done right.

CalSgt

Hooked
A really fun one to win bets with is the fire roll. Unroll a cotton ball on a board, sprinkle some ash on it and and the board, til it back up, and use another board to roll it back and forth fast. After a few seconds you should have an ember if done right.
Huh, that’s rad.

I just use a lighter, or a match, or a Burnz-O-Matic torch

Sgt_USMC

I just want to have other options if I don’t have any normal fire starting tools. Now when I’m just getting a little bonfire going, yea lighter is what I use hands down.

WJCO

Meme King
I just want to have other options if I don’t have any normal fire starting tools. Now when I’m just getting a little bonfire going, yea lighter is what I use hands down.
When I use to do winter backpacking, I had 4-5 ways to start a fire. I learned the hard way that butane lighters don't always work at 10k elevation in the cold. Always wise to be extra prepared. Also, the little stove fuels don't last long in the cold either.

WJCO

Meme King
That’s basically the mindset the wife and I have.
Get some trioxane, too. Burns well as a tinder for quite some time. Pretty sure it's waterproof. Works well in the snow and rain. One trip I spent nearly an hour trying to get a fire started in the rain with no luck. I used trioxane as a last resort and it worked quickly. Burns long enough to dry out thin wet wood as you grow the fire.

51e33Df1B+L.jpg

Top Bottom