Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

jeeeep

Hooked
Update to the felling of my digger…

View attachment 406052 View attachment 406053 View attachment 406054 View attachment 406055 View attachment 406057 View attachment 406058 View attachment 406059 View attachment 406060 View attachment 406061

What it was…. 😔
View attachment 406062

There was rot and a lot of water in one of the upper crotches, but none at the main split. No telling when it would’ve come down, of course, but it was going to happen. I can enjoy the wind storms again! 🥃
those tree climbers impress the hell out of me, he looks really small thought lol
how wide is the stump?

those tree climbers impress the hell out of me, he looks really small thought lol
how wide is the stump?
The guy was amazing! The way he moved around that tree, up/down and side to side, was very impressive. He knew his stuff too. Like that little key he made, was what locked the tree from falling. When he had enough pressure on the line, got in there and cut it, down it went.

IMG_6414.jpeg

That was a hell of a tree to take down!
Yeah it was! My backyard is full of huge rounds, 32” logs and 8 massive mounds of branches. You told me I needed a project, well I’ve sure as shit got one now! 🤣
That's a huge fucking tree.
Seriously! We estimated that it was around 90 to 100 feet tall at its highest point.
What’s the damage $$$$?
I had a number of estimates over the years from $7500 to remove 3 spires, and $7500 for the whole tree to the highest being $10k. This guy really under bid the job at $2200 but I worked my fat ass off to help buck branches, clear and stack, etc. I ended up paying him $3k for 2 days.
Big tree! hollow it out, line it for ice and make a beer tub out of it lol
I would soak in it! I’m beat right now! 😂

WJCO

Meme King
I had a number of estimates over the years from $7500 to remove 3 spires, and $7500 for the whole tree to the highest being $10k. This guy really under bid the job at $2200 but I worked my fat ass off to help buck branches, clear and stack, etc. I ended up paying him $3k for 2 days.
That's a good price for that. Very good price.

That's a good price for that. Very good price.
Agreed, too good tbh, but that was leaving the tree rather than hauling it off and disposing it as well as me helping a ton. I am going to have him back in a month or so for trimming and pruning of some big oaks. I will pay extra on those jobs too which should balance it out.

That tree was huge.

Don’t blame you for taking it down. All giant trees must come to an end…if they are near property or power lines, haha…I have some that I need to take care of…

Cool pictures, glad it went well👍

WJCO

Meme King
Still dealing with this clown. He's been inches from the traps numerous times and has been chasing my deer. When he's not there, I've caught several coons and a possum. Since adding peanut butter, he's gotten more frequent. And the deer have gotten less frequent as he's around. Hoping to catch him soon. I've tried commercial baits, my own bait, dog food, and coyote urine. He definitely smells every one but usually keeps walking instead of taking further interest in pursuing the bait.

And that's poison ivy in the foreground. I must have kicked up some oil on me while digging the traps (lots of roots) and now dealing with that shit too. Fuck this guy.

20240424_201841 (1).jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Still dealing with this clown. He's been inches from the traps numerous times and has been chasing my deer. When he's not there, I've caught several coons and a possum. Since adding peanut butter, he's gotten more frequent. And the deer have gotten less frequent as he's around. Hoping to catch him soon. I've tried commercial baits, my own bait, dog food, and coyote urine. He definitely smells every one but usually keeps walking instead of taking further interest in pursuing the bait.

And that's poison ivy in the foreground. I must have kicked up some oil on me while digging the traps (lots of roots) and now dealing with that shit too. Fuck this guy.

View attachment 406243
Put some blood on the foot hood trap then cover it up and spread the urine around. He should go touch it trying to dig and see what died there.

AZVAJKU

Hooked

View attachment 406243

Mr Wile E is a slick character. I’d have them sneak up on me while I was trying to call them in. I had an electronic caller and a mechanical rabbit, I was actually offset from the caller and the decoy. They would sometimes stalk me instead of the ‘Rigr Rabbit’. Damn sneaky, they would appear and disappear like ghosts.

WJCO

Meme King
Put some blood on the foot hood trap then cover it up and spread the urine around. He should go touch it trying to dig and see what died there.
Not a bad idea. I may try that next. I have some bloody raw chicken in the bait hole now. If I don't catch him soon, I'm willing to try putting it right on the trap.

Ddays

Hooked
I heard about that. I'd rather sleep and let the trap work for me. But there's always that other option.

Did you boil your traps & leave them outside to weather some to get rid of your scent? Take care with gloves as well - those guys will smell everything out of place. Them and foxes are a bitch to trap. Never had any luck with either of them way back when I trapped.

edit - we used bunches of sumac 'berries' and/or walnut husks that would put a good dye on them. You want to boil the oils from the steel. Some would dip in hot wax to coat but probably don't need t go that far unless you take it up & run some lines.

Last edited:
Top Bottom