Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

WJCO

Meme King
Built a little paint and chemical shelf. Been needing to do this for awhile to clear off some other shelf space.

IMG_20190217_135443_058.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Well, I said I was going to use a, “Fat 50 can,” for my jack. I posted earlier, about repainting it. Here is a shot of it in primer.
IMG_3151.jpg

It turns out my Torin 12 ton jack leaks, too. I decided I needed to stand it straight, but it’s too tall for a .50 can. I had picked up what is commonly called a tall 50 can, from Sportsman’s Guide. It was in really rough shape. After a little work with a wire wheel in my cordless drill, and some sanding, here it is.
IMG_3204.jpg
IMG_3205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Well, I said I was going to use a, “Fat 50 can,” for my jack. I posted earlier, about repainting it. Here is a shot of it in primer.
View attachment 321263

It turns out my Torin 12 ton jack leaks, too. I decided I needed to stand it straight, but it’s too tall for a .50 can. I had picked up what is commonly called a tall 50 can, from Sportsman’s Guide. It was in really rough shape. After a little work with a wire wheel in my cordless drill, and some sanding, here it is.
View attachment 321264
View attachment 321265

Nice work.

I have that exact same jack but it came in a plastic case. I just threw it in the back of the Jeep and thought nothing of it. I used it once with no issues but then about 2 years ago, we ran into a guy with a flat and it wouldn't work at all. Fluid was low but filling it did nothing (it was leaking). It was warrantied and I got a new one. Now I store it upright and hope I don't have any further issues with it. Hope yours is free of issues being upright as well.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Nice work.

I have that exact same jack but it came in a plastic case. I just threw it in the back of the Jeep and thought nothing of it. I used it once with no issues but then about 2 years ago, we ran into a guy with a flat and it wouldn't work at all. Fluid was low but filling it did nothing (it was leaking). It was warrantied and I got a new one. Now I store it upright and hope I don't have any further issues with it. Hope yours is free of issues being upright as well.

My plastic case was in bad shape. I’ll have to check the jack. I used it this past year. I wonder if Omega jacks leak? That’s what Safe Jack uses. They are much less expensive, bought other places.

WJ
If you have more chicken wire might be a good idea to run some across to make those holes smaller. Asshole gophers will get through otherwise. Ask me how I know...

WJCO

Meme King
WJ
If you have more chicken wire might be a good idea to run some across to make those holes smaller. Asshole gophers will get through otherwise. Ask me how I know...

We're lucky enough that we don't have much of a Gopher problem. But we do have some squirrels that dig. They're pretty petty though. We're going to be building a top hinged lid with 1/4" mesh to keep everything else out.

WJCO

Meme King
Lucky!
It’s a constant battle for me trapping them bastards.

I have a family member about 20 miles away with the same issue. The gophers are everywhere and pop up randomly. Thanks to the eco-terrorists here, the Gophers are protected like school children. Lucky for us, we just have squirrels. They dig about an inch down and then just give up.

98XJ06LJ

I have a family member about 20 miles away with the same issue. The gophers are everywhere and pop up randomly. Thanks to the eco-terrorists here, the Gophers are protected like school children. Lucky for us, we just have squirrels. They dig about an inch down and then just give up.
Millennial squirrels huh?? 😂

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom