Random Photos

We are sitting out back drinking our morning caffeine and watching the morning shift of free loaders come in for their handouts.

Another bunny. This guy is younger than the ones yesterday. The young ones are afraid to venture into the open yard due to the foxes and hawks.

View attachment 407689

View attachment 407690[

We have more squirrels than you can shake a stick at. The foxes and hawks eat well.

View attachment 407691

View attachment 407692

View attachment 407693

The birds knock seeds out of the feeder and the squirrels benefit greatly.

View attachment 407694
Looks like a great spot to sit with a few beers and a .17

View attachment 408015A view of Seattle from Alki Beach in West Seattle…in eight years of living in WA, this is only the second time I’ve been in West Seattle, and my wife’s first…

Have you been to the Olympic National Park?
Friend of my doughter’s who is a crazy camper/hiker. Backpack type of guy. He told us that Olympic is the best park he ever visited. Better than Yellowstone.

Friend of my doughter’s who is a crazy camper/hiker. Backpack type of guy. He told us that Olympic is the best park he ever visited. Better than Yellowstone.
It is difficult to evaluate Yellowstone vs Olympic national parks given that few visitors (even backpackers) have seen much of them. The "new rules" regarding park entry assure that visitors will see even less than they used to.

Olympic National Park is certainly amazing. One of my brothers did some long solo day hikes there a year ago. He encountered amazing scenery but practically no other hikers.

Olympic National Park is the ‘Land that Time Forgot’. If there is a Big Foot he lives there. The solitude is amazing and you feel like you have stepped back into the past before humans existed. If you like people go to Yellowstone. If you hate people go to Olympic.

Olympic National Park is the ‘Land that Time Forgot’. If there is a Big Foot he lives there. The solitude is amazing and you feel like you have stepped back into the past before humans existed. If you like people go to Yellowstone. If you hate people go to Olympic.
IMG_0082.jpeg
I took my wife on her very first camping trip of her life in the Olympic National Park…we took a dirt FS road a couple hours from the main hwy to the upper Queets River…there were five campsites along the river, we had the place to ourselves. It is one of the oldest temperate rainforests in the world, surrounded by two hundred year old cedars and spruces (a few over four hundred yo)…I try to make one trip back there every yearIMG_5033.jpeg

View attachment 408039
I took my wife on her very first camping trip of her life in the Olympic National Park…we took a dirt FS road a couple hours from the main hwy to the upper Queets River…there were five campsites along the river, we had the place to ourselves. It is one of the oldest temperate rainforests in the world, surrounded by two hundred year old cedars and spruces (a few over four hundred yo)…I try to make one trip back there every yearView attachment 408040

When my dad lived in Snohomish in the 1980’s we did a lot of hiking and backpacking in the Olympic. We also used to Jeep camp on the beach near La Push, it was great sitting around a big driftwood fire and drinking Rainier Beer. Good times.

When my dad lived in Snohomish in the 1980’s we did a lot of hiking and backpacking in the Olympic. We also used to Jeep camp on the beach near La Push, it was great sitting around a big driftwood fire and drinking Rainier Beer. Good times.
I've been to La Push...all of the beaches on the Peninsula are beautiful...and can be dangerous to enter the water due to the logs rolling in to the beach...razor clams and surf perch are a thing along the coast.

Top Bottom