Random Photos

longarmwj

Some 16 year old in a Mazda RX8 decided he wanted to try to fit between me and a truck as we were slowing down for rush hour traffic, and he realized last minute that he had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the truck, so I locked my brakes up but there wasn't anything at that point I could do. Hit him going probably 55. There was a weird vibration in the driveline when I got above 65, and I was worried the unibody might have tweaked with how hard I hit him, but after climbing under there today, everything is straight and nothing is bent or out of place. Worst part is legally, even though he did something incredibly stupid, it's still my fault. I wasn't sore until about an hour or so ago when I suddenly started getting terrible back pain, so I'm going to the doctor this afternoon to see what they say about that. My winch is the only thing that was damaged. And I didn't even have any cable in it because it was snapped. Good excuse to upgrade to a Warn though. Before anyone asks, the kid in the Mazda was okay, but he quickly learned not to assume somebody has enough room to stop.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443802362.429008.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443802373.798244.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443802383.704427.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443802393.505904.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Guess I know what I'm doing tonight...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443826688.623970.jpg

Yep I'm that far behind in movies and yep I wait until they come in at the library.

toxicwaste29

Some 16 year old in a Mazda RX8 decided he wanted to try to fit between me and a truck as we were slowing down for rush hour traffic, and he realized last minute that he had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the truck, so I locked my brakes up but there wasn't anything at that point I could do. Hit him going probably 55. There was a weird vibration in the driveline when I got above 65, and I was worried the unibody might have tweaked with how hard I hit him, but after climbing under there today, everything is straight and nothing is bent or out of place. Worst part is legally, even though he did something incredibly stupid, it's still my fault. I wasn't sore until about an hour or so ago when I suddenly started getting terrible back pain, so I'm going to the doctor this afternoon to see what they say about that. My winch is the only thing that was damaged. And I didn't even have any cable in it because it was snapped. Good excuse to upgrade to a Warn though. Before anyone asks, the kid in the Mazda was okay, but he quickly learned not to assume somebody has enough room to stop.
View attachment 167330
View attachment 167331
View attachment 167332
View attachment 167333

Is it the picture angle or is your passenger side of the bumper pushed back into the jeep? Glad your okay

longarmwj

Is it the picture angle or is your passenger side of the bumper pushed back into the jeep? Glad your okay

It's the angle. The bumper didn't shift at all. Which is probably part of the reason the damage on the RX8 was so extensive. But it kept me and my jeep safe which is part of the reason I have it.

jelliott076

It's the angle. The bumper didn't shift at all. Which is probably part of the reason the damage on the RX8 was so extensive. But it kept me and my jeep safe which is part of the reason I have it.

I worry if I were to hit anything that small, with any significant speed, with my rig that I would go through it or over it.

Godspeed409

Here is a picture painted on the roof of one of Saddam's palaces banquet halls in Baghdad. This building was completely destroyed but was our home for several months.

It's the Iraqi military killing Americans.

Attachments

• Memory Stick pictures 047.jpg
    Memory Stick pictures 047.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 302
Top Bottom