Random Videos

Ddays

Hooked
It was amazing. So much louder in person

Everyone should go to at least ONE NHRA Pro drag once in their life. It is one of the most amazing events you can see.
The sounds are just the most un-Godly-loud-awesome-feel-it-in-your-bones thing you will experience. Plus, the nitro burns your eyes, the
rubber from the burnouts sticks to your hair(s), you can't hear shit, man its freakin awesome!

Azzi

When I was a Snap-On dealer in shit hick southern MD, we were sponsors at Buds Creek. I used to go there and set up shop for the weekend for whatever event was happening. Loved that! The loudness and the smell! Oh man there's only one other burning fuel smell I love as much as racing fuel and that's jet fuel.

Great memories with that video Steve!

My 7 year old son and I just went to Gator Nationals for his 3rd year in a row...... It's awesome, my dad used to take me when I was younger and I wanted to give him those memories as well. My grandfather was very good friends with Don Garlits and I had the opportunity for my boy to shake Dons hand.

We do all the racing events around Central Fl. Daytona Rolex 24, the 500 and Monster Jams and even get out to the local races here and there.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Lol sadly no. We walked the whole area time times just looking for nails on the ground. Picked up at least 50. They actually tore down and rebuilt the motor last night cause he blew the main oil line during his burnout. Wanted to make sure the rest of the motor was ok.

It was amazing. So much louder in person

Oh yeah,

My dads drag raced a 66 Fairlane for years. He just pulled the motor this year to install into a t-bird funny car.

That old ford was way to heavy to break into the 9's.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459518307.191525.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459518346.542143.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Everyone should go to at least ONE NHRA Pro drag once in their life. It is one of the most amazing events you can see.
The sounds are just the most un-Godly-loud-awesome-feel-it-in-your-bones thing you will experience. Plus, the nitro burns your eyes, the
rubber from the burnouts sticks to your hair(s), you can't hear shit, man its freakin awesome!

Agreed, we use to go to Columbus for NHRA, I flew my parents out for Pomona when I moved here.

They are in Vegas this weekend, I really want to drive over for the day!!

Ddays

Hooked
Oh yeah,

My dads drag raced a 66 Fairlane for years. He just pulled the motor this year to install into a t-bird funny car.

View attachment 195600
View attachment 195601

Probably raced a lot at Salem? Used to go with my neighbors dad every weekend to the Western Pa/Eastern Ohio strips. He had a Pinto with a 351C that ran in the 11's back then.
He'd sneak it out on the street and we'd hang onto the roll bar & sit on the wheel tubs -What a blast!

Do you remember the strip somewhere in Eastern Ohio that was also an airstrip? Every so often a plane would need to land so they had to take the tree
down and un-stage everyone. Frickin' hilarious.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I really need to go to one. They look so awesome!

I have been to a few nascar races at Dover Downs in DE and have sat on the wall of turn one. Had to wear double hearing protection and I was getting pelted in the face by rubber all afternoon. It was awesome! Lol
Oh yeah,

View attachment 195600
View attachment 195601

That's so cool! Those are some great shots! I would love to see some shots of the t bird when he is done!

Ddays

Hooked
Agreed, we use to go to Columbus for NHRA, I flew my parents out for Pomona when I moved here.

They are in Vegas this weekend, I really want to drive over for the day!!

Haha -me too! We camped - place was an absolute zoo! Let me tell ya, this 8 year old got an education there!!!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Probably raced a lot at Salem? Used to go with my neighbors dad every weekend to the Western Pa/Eastern Ohio strips. He had a Pinto with a 351C that ran in the 11's back then.
He'd sneak it out on the street and we'd hang onto the roll bar & sit on the wheel tubs -What a blast!

Do you remember the strip somewhere in Eastern Ohio that was also an airstrip? Every so often a plane would need to land so they had to take the tree
down and un-stage everyone. Frickin' hilarious.

Yup, he races for points IHRA at Quaker every Saturday. One thing I miss living out here.

I never went to that track, I think that was Meander (sp?) he's talked about it. In high school him and his buddy's use to race their cars. He had a 70 Mach 1, sent it to the scrapper when the frame broke. I think he regrets that every day.

We have Famoso (first NHRA track) in Bakersfield. Really cool place to watch racing.

Ddays

Hooked
I really need to go to one. They look so awesome!

I have been to a few nascar races at Dover Downs in DE and have sat on the wall of turn one. Had to wear double hearing protection and I was getting pelted in the face by rubber all afternoon. It was awesome! Lol

You have a helluva track near you in Maple Grove - what is that, maybe 20 minutes?

Dover is a great track- you can see pretty much the whole way around. Pocono track sucks though. Can't see shit there.

Top Bottom