Random Willys of the day

On a side note here what is everybody using for gasoline in these older Flathead engines I have access to 92 octane non-ethanol fuel should I use this with the lead substitute additive in the tank

jhires

I posted this one up in the "Cool Jeeps you've parked by" last year some time, but seems appropriate for this thread.
IMG_1081.jpg
IMG_1082.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
On a side note here what is everybody using for gasoline in these older Flathead engines I have access to 92 octane non-ethanol fuel should I use this with the lead substitute additive in the tank

High Octane with additive. I also add zinc to the oil. I still blow out a bunch of water and other shit out of the exhaust pipe.

So the 92 non e10 gas and a additive and the motor will stay happy? Not sure if motor has been rebuilt or what. With only 1700 miles on it, I'm leaning towards the no side. Second owner said he never touched the motor. Forgot to ask what type of gas he's been using in it

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So the 92 non e10 gas and a additive and the motor will stay happy? Not sure if motor has been rebuilt or what. With only 1700 miles on it, I'm leaning towards the no side. Second owner said he never touched the motor. Forgot to ask what type of gas he's been using in it

I don't know if any other way. But it seems to like it. I'm just fighting the plugs getting fouled up. Might need to bump timing up

WJCO

Meme King
I don't know if any other way. But it seems to like it. I'm just fighting the plugs getting fouled up. Might need to bump timing up

Forced air induction will automatically correct your air/fuel ratio and clean your plugs off for you. :thumb:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Forced air induction will automatically correct your air/fuel ratio and clean your plugs off for you. :thumb:

Have you seen the FC? The radiator is about a foot from the grill, the air cleaner is in the back of the motor at the back of the cab. Lol

No way in hell it'll get any induction

Top right

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464114666.192516.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
But you have me thinking.. Lol

I should route the air intake to the front.. I've never seen that done on one... Of course it'll only 45 mph, so not much induction will happen.

I was just giving you shit....plus even re-routing the air and increasing volume (although may make it breathe more) is still going to keep your a/f ratio roughly the same. As the air goes down the carb throat, the jets and metering rods compensate for that 'automatically' to maintain a specific ratio. Now forced air induction (compressed air) is a different story. Re-routing it may give you cooler air though for general overall better performance.

Top Bottom