Random Willys of the day

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
[emoji44] a pink 2wd jeep, I can't imagine the backlash if jeep came out with one today. I'd love to own one of these. It sold quickly at 10k

“1963 Jeep Willys Surrey Gala
Pink — just like the one Elvis had.
Just over 1,000 of this model was produced from 1959 — 1964. They were produced in pink, green, and blue.
2 wheel drive, 3 speed, odometer shows just over 22,000 miles.

IMG_1476881369.989754.jpg

IMG_1476881592.367622.jpg

IMG_1476881602.571061.jpg

IMG_1476881613.214913.jpg

IMG_1476881636.176364.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rubicon trail. 1950's, Cadillac hill??? Photo from trucktrend.

View attachment 228554

Now that's awesome and yeah, it very well could be Cadillac Hill. An old timer that had been wheeling the Rubicon since the beginning was telling me that the trail there has eroded about 11 ft. since the first Jeeps drove over it. That being said, the pic could be from around the Wentworth Springs area as well.

akershner

I'm thinking crazy thoughts tonight, been in touch with a guy who says he has three FC170s for sale and sent me pics of two. He says they run and I'm seriously thinking about going to look at them for my possible first restoration project. Huge learning curve if I decide to do this, I've never worked on anything bigger than a snowblower. What do you all think? Any advice if I do go look??? IMG_1478233057.231311.jpg IMG_1478233074.122194.jpg

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I'm thinking crazy thoughts tonight, been in touch with a guy who says he has three FC170s for sale and sent me pics of two. He says they run and I'm seriously thinking about going to look at them for my possible first restoration project. Huge learning curve if I decide to do this, I've never worked on anything bigger than a snowblower. What do you all think? Any advice if I do go look??? View attachment 229488 View attachment 229489

Man that second one looks awesome

GasHog

Do it!!!! Can't even find them and only going to get harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akershner

I'm thinking crazy thoughts tonight, been in touch with a guy who says he has three FC170s for sale and sent me pics of two. He says they run and I'm seriously thinking about going to look at them for my possible first restoration project. Huge learning curve if I decide to do this, I've never worked on anything bigger than a snowblower. What do you all think? Any advice if I do go look??? View attachment 229488 View attachment 229489

Alright experts, I'm actually making the trip out tomorrow to take a look at the FCs this guy has in his inventory. Any advice on what to look for on the inspection? I'm comfortable looking at fluids, etc for correct color and consistency. I can look at the frame for integrity and get a feel for it if we get it out on a test drive. Any other tips? Appreciate any and all insight from those that have been there!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Alright experts, I'm actually making the trip out tomorrow to take a look at the FCs this guy has in his inventory. Any advice on what to look for on the inspection? I'm comfortable looking at fluids, etc for correct color and consistency. I can look at the frame for integrity and get a feel for it if we get it out on a test drive. Any other tips? Appreciate any and all insight from those that have been there!

Check the cab corners, and drip edge on the roof for rot, also the front grill at the bottom where it connects to the body. The frames crack at the shock mounts. There's actually a fix for it in my original owners manual.

None of this would stop me from buying it, there's ways to fix it all. Hell Wallacks 4wd now makes beds!!

Buy that some bitch!!!

Top Bottom