REALLY?? Sony Scraped ‘The Interview’

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
ROFLWAFFLES @ North Korea claiming it wasn't them and wanting to help the USA get to the bottom of it. "They were framed I tell ya!" It was Castro!

Armydog

Maybe Kim Jung illiest will hook up with Dennis Rodman and they can search for the real hackers together....

MTG

Caught the Bug
Like most things, there is more to this story than we all know. But I offer the following 2 comments:

1) I can't help but think that the "cause" of this comes down to a large corporation deciding to cut costs and deciding that they no longer needed Steven from IT. Unfortunately he was the one guy that helped update the system to prevent these types of attacks and the $64,000 a year they saved by firing him ended up costing them much more in the end.

2) I am now boycotting Korean BBQ.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Like most things, there is more to this story than we all know. But I offer the following 2 comments:

1) I can't help but think that the "cause" of this comes down to a large corporation deciding to cut costs and deciding that they no longer needed Steven from IT. Unfortunately he was the one guy that helped update the system to prevent these types of attacks and the $64,000 a year they saved by firing him ended up costing them much more in the end.

That comes from South Korea. It's safe to eat.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug

IT security for a corporation like Sony pictures involves a whole lot more than one staff member. Any security admin worth a shit costs more than $65k. It would be a good staff of folks from developers to a CISO or pay some serious dollars to outsource it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
IT security for a corporation like Sony pictures involves a whole lot more than one staff member. Any security admin worth a shit costs more than $65k. It would be a good staff of folks from developers to a CISO or pay some serious dollars to outsource it.

Really? They don't just get a guy with a Windows for Dummies book to do it? :crazyeyes:

10frank9

Web Wheeler

The levels of your intellectual arrogance know no bounds do they? Welcome to Wayalife! Some of us are facetious in making some posts. :yup: :thumb:

jhires

All this talk about North Korea scaring theaters and Sony into censoring a bad movie and zero coverage of the fact that Sony has been bribing district attorney's across the U.S. to bring charges against Google for not censoring the Internet. Effectively violating our first and fourth amendment rights.

Like so many other things some over hyped and publicized action of some bullshit story or country overshadows the real issues.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
All this talk about North Korea scaring theaters and Sony into censoring a bad movie and zero coverage of the fact that Sony has been bribing district attorney's across the U.S. to bring charges against Google for not censoring the Internet. Effectively violating our first and fourth amendment rights.

Like so many other things some over hyped and publicized action of some bullshit story or country overshadows the real issues.

That's not surprising. It's additional information that the leftist mainstream media is hiding to protect their left wing company/friend from exposing their Constitution trampling agenda.

jesse3638

Hooked
Sounds like Sony folded under some pressure and is going to have a limited release in time for Christmas. It's yet known if it's going to be in theaters or video on demand. Bad publicity is still publicity.

JAGS

Hooked
Sounds like Sony folded under some pressure and is going to have a limited release in time for Christmas. It's yet known if it's going to be in theaters or video on demand. Bad publicity is still publicity.

Details still being released. Definitely in theaters (limited screens) and possible VOD the same day.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
What's wonderful about this situation is how Obama can address that ion about this MOVIE. Yet nothing about two NYPD Officers who were ambushed as a result of the media frenzy. Rant over.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What's wonderful about this situation is how Obama can address that ion about this MOVIE. Yet nothing about two NYPD Officers who were ambushed as a result of the media frenzy. Rant over.

That issue isn't going to get him popularity with the people.

Top Bottom