Rebuilt of a Billet Silver mall crawler

I got my quiet crawler delivered yesterday also.

IMG_4563.jpg

I went ahead to install it. Got the factory out pretty quick with some wd40 on the hangers. I had to cut the clamp off at y pipe, Chrysler engineers decided to face the nut up which Is almost impossible to reach with a wrench and there is no way to get enough leverage to get that bitch off.
I put everything in, had to mess around with the tail pipe. I ended cutting of about 3" on the bullet side to make the hangers line up and to stay away from he spring. I also cut about 1.5" off the very end just for esthetics to have the end tip stick out just bearly past the evo facia. I had to pull the tail pipe out like 3 times.
So after all that I went to tighten all the clamps I ended up stripping one and and even then shit was loose around the muffler. I didn't catch that while mocking everything up [emoji19]. The muffler I received did not have to relief cuts to allow the pipe to squeeze a little to be able to clamp on.
I had to pull he entire thing out. I decided to just call it a day, I put the factory garbage can back in. I need to order more clamps now and make the relief cuts on both sides of he muffler.
It should go like butter next time though, so that a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Nice. Sucks about your exhaust problem, you ever get it back on? If you did, how's it sound?

Not yet. I didn't fell like messing around with it anymore, then I had to get on painting the tire carrier. Got that painted yesterday, I'll probably let dry till mon evening. I really don't have room to do anything else in my one car garage until I can take all the carrier parts down, plus I don't want to make dust with all these parts hanging like that.
Ill let you know what that sound like when I get it on.

Not yet. I didn't fell like messing around with it anymore, then I had to get on painting the tire carrier. Got that painted yesterday, I'll probably let dry till mon evening. I really don't have room to do anything else in my one car garage until I can take all the carrier parts down, plus I don't want to make dust with all these parts hanging like that.
Ill let you know what that sound like when I get it on.

Make sense. Sure it will all be sweet once your done.

I hope so. They only reason I decided to rattle can the carrier is because its aluminum. I just hope the paint will stick good with this primer 🤞

Had no idea that carrier was aluminum. I have always been told to use a self eching primer. I have always had good luck with it. Aluminum is a trick metal to paint because of the surface oxidization. Most places do some sort of mild acid wash along with other washes (especially if powder coating). I can't speak too much from experience, the only thing I have ever painted had been aluminum wheels. I have had good experience with epoxy based paints too.

I have a day off today. I decided to get up at 4.30 am and drive down to our shop to put the relief notches on my quiet crawler muffler.
I built a little contraption out of some scrap wood to help hold the muffler place while I cut. It works great.
IMG_4576.jpg
IMG_4577.jpg
IMG_4578.jpg

Quiet crawler is definitely going in today [emoji4]

That's a really good idea to hold the muffler.

Yes, it allowed me to have both hands on the grinder, I hate those things they are super dangerous. I was thinking on somehow clamping it down with clamps but that probably would of crushed the muffler.

Last edited:
Installed Dynomax Quiet Crawler today.

I took my sweet time aligning everything and making sure everything will clear.

I had to twist the intermediate pipe to make the muffler clear the frame, it ended not aligning with hanger location.
IMG_4579.jpg
No problem there, took care of the hanger with the sawzall really quick lol. I might just leave it the way it is, it fells pretty solid and I was able to use 2 other factory hangers, or I can add one of those handy dandy clamp on hooks and hopefully I can make it line up with factory hook.
IMG_4593.JPG

Here's more pics of the system installed

IMG_4580.jpg
IMG_4581.jpgIMG_4582.jpgIMG_4585.jpg

I have 1" clearance form the spring bucket and about 2" form the spring. I guess I gotta flex it out to see if it will hit.
I had to trim of 3" of the tail pipe on the bullet end to make everything line up the way I wanted. I also trimmed additional 4" at the very end before the tip to make it dump where I liked it. I am considering cutting of another inch to tuck it up even higher.
Also I didn't know my springs were bowed until I took those picks today lol.

And here are some final pics
IMG_4588.jpg
IMG_4592.jpg
IMG_4590.jpg
IMG_4594.jpg

Please excuse the stickers on the tail pipe. I am waiting for them to burn off so I can clean up what's left. It's driving me absolutely insane.

It sounds like this [emoji108]

I made some progress on my build over the last week.

Replaced the AEV 4.5" (actual 5.25") springs with 4" EVO plush rides (actual 4.25"). That gave a drop of 1". When I first installed plush rides and dropped the jeep it was at 4.75" then about 6hrs later it settled in at 4.25". I had them on for couple of days now. I'll check again after a week to see if they will settle to 4".
IMG_4661.jpg
IMG_4663.jpg

Also had to move upper control arms on the AEV drop arm brackets to correct my caster.
IMG_4665.jpg

I don't like those brackets but they'll have to do until I will get the long arms and make some time to get those installed. I'll be a few good months

It sits like this now.
IMG_4688.jpg

I like it lower and hopefully it won’t feel like it wants to roll to the side as much. I also have a set of spidertrax spacers for like a month now. I am still debating if i want to run spacers, but it would be better for me to widen up my stance. I wish I can just get new rims but i need some things done first.

I also finally installed my Genright tier carrier. I must say I love the look of it.
IMG_4640.jpg
IMG_4648.jpg
IMG_4654.jpg
IMG_4679.jpg
IMG_4680.jpg
I have to get some split loom or something to cover those wires. I drilled a hole and ran the wires up thought the grommet right above the taillight and made all the connections there. I might actually pull all the wire out and run everything on one multi pair wire. I need to run one more power wire for the led light I want to mount on the carrier.

Few more pics of final product
IMG_4683.jpg
IMG_4684.jpg
IMG_4685.jpg
IMG_4687.jpg

And of course, I got the backup camera mounted up on the oro light. You almost can't even tell that it’s there.
IMG_4686.jpg

Next step for my re-build is front bumper. I already have it on order should be here in a week or two. After the front bumper and winch is installed I will get to trimming my flares.

It's looking good your gonna love the ride of the Evo springs!

So far am liking it. A lot softer on the street especially when hitting small bumps and potholes. I'll have to see off-road soon hopefully. As far as AEV tuned bilsteins I can't really tell I never felt any different shock other than stock and the bilsteins 5160s. It drives good to me

I just received this
IMG_4715.jpg
And I this has been waiting for it for a month now
IMG_4505.jpg

It's gonna be a fun Saturday, followed by immediate trip to off-road park, can't wait [emoji4]

Really good looking bumper, going to be sweet with that and the winch up front! This has been a busy month for you and the Jeep already.

Really good looking bumper, going to be sweet with that and the winch up front! This has been a busy month for you and the Jeep already.

Thanks, and yes it has been a busy month. I decided to hold of on my originally planned long arm upgrade and change the way my Jeep's looks first (the very original plan was to keep jeep as Aev build). I still like the look of AEV and give them big props for keeping that factory look that I always liked. I will miss those bumpers a little for sure.
BUT I will be much happier with what I am doing now [emoji108], steering box and Currie links are next.

I just received this

And I this has been waiting for it for a month now

It's gonna be a fun Saturday, followed by immediate trip to off-road park, can't wait [emoji4]

Congrats to you! Can't wait to see it all installed. Looking forward to the pics from the off-road park :thumb:

Top Bottom