RECOVERY GEAR : A Must Have Before Hitting the Trails

munstie

Ha okay, Emperor Eddie, all great and powerful. What you just posted is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to. But since I now realize that I can't get my point across to you, keep up the good work and give Overlander a treat for being such an obedient disciple! Peace out girlscout! ✌️

You sir, need to get over yourself. And once you get your head dislodged from your ass kindly find the door.....

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ha okay, Emperor Eddie, all great and powerful. What you just posted is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to. But since I now realize that I can't get my point across to you, keep up the good work and give Overlander a treat for being such an obedient disciple! Peace out girlscout! ✌️

:yawn37: What a surprise. What you just posted is exactly the kind of thing I was referring to. You like to self-righteously dish it out but get your panties in a bunch if you don't like what you hear as a response. Keep up the good work and go back to whatever forum it is you came from. Peace out girlscout ;)

JK's JK

Banned

Wow....:jaw drop: Blood suckers will make you angery..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So that it's clear, the article I have written is just what I carry and why. I only posted it up because I get a ton of people asking me about it all the time. If you disagree with me, don't like what I have to say or think I'm stupid for carrying/using certain tools, by all means, do yourself a favor and DON'T carry or use them.

munstie

So that it's clear, the article I have written is just what I carry and why. I only posted it up because I get a ton of people asking me about it all the time. If you disagree with me, don't like what I have to say or think I'm stupid for carrying/using certain tools, by all means, do yourself a favor and DON'T carry or use them.

Really don't think you need to explain anything, that guy was here to obviously stir the pot.:thumbup:

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Kilroy

Im sure we all have seen the videos of people muuudboggin but never have i seen anything portrayed as safety in those videos. Still sad. Cant you a bubba rope instead? I have only used a bubba rope once works like a charm for a jurknpull.

hydrohut

Well this thread made interesting reading! just thought on the subject of recovery some might be interested in this snatch gone wrong. All of us, always have something to learn.. hope I have posted the link correctly. http://youtu.be/f8trkgFX6wI

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Lol talk about an agenda. Fucking tool.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well this thread made interesting reading! just thought on the subject of recovery some might be interested in this snatch gone wrong. All of us, always have something to learn.. hope I have posted the link correctly. http://youtu.be/f8trkgFX6wI

Wow, I mean, just wow. There was just so much stupidness going on in the video that I don't even know where to begin. If there's one thing that I learned, people who link two straps together with a stick or a newspaper think it's okay to yank the living crap out of a stuck rig and to the point where you end up flopping the recovery rig. To that end, yeah, if that's how people are using their straps, I think they have way bigger things to worry about IN ADDITION TO a d-ring becoming a projectile.

Needless to say, not exactly how I would have done things but hey, what do I know.

Armydog

What the fuck, over????

This was a friendly thread with some experienced off road-ers sharing their personal experience and free advice. Some of us appreciate this contribution to our own journey. This does not mean that we blindly accept every word as gospel truth. It is personal experience and opinion.... plain and simple. So why do some asshats take personal insult when they disagree with the opinions offered or more to the point why do they become personal when others don't agree with them???

Seriously? Eddie I don't know you at all, we have never met and may never get the chance to do so... BUT every question I have asked and every thread I have read here on YOUR forum has been received with grace and answered with sincerity. Not kissing ass here, no need to. Just the facts. You and most of your "disciples" have proven friendly, helpful and informative. Period.

So, bottom line. If someone on here is not man enough to be secure in his or her own opinions; not civil enough to allow others to politely disagree; and not intelligent enough to entertain the possibility that they might still have a few things to learn.... My advice? Go fuck yourself!

But that's just my opinion....

Back to the point of this particular thread. Here is a picture of my current recovery kit. I got the ARB recovery bag on a discount sale online... It's orange! Get it... Orange bag = Orange TJR = the Pumpkin!!!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394748924.096638.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394748940.991767.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1394748970.083937.jpg

Thanks to the previous advice in this thread (before the asshat personal attacks started) I am adding the following items to this BASIC kit:
Drop chain with hooks
Folding shovel/ e tool

Any further suggestions??????? I am listening.

Tango Yankee

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wow, I mean, just wow. There was just so much stupidness going on in the video that I don't even know where to begin. If there's one thing that I learned, people who link two straps together with a stick or a newspaper think it's okay to yank the living crap out of a stuck rig and to the point where you end up flopping the recovery rig. To that end, yeah, if that's how people are using their straps, I think they have way bigger things to worry about IN ADDITION TO a d-ring becoming a projectile.

Needless to say, not exactly how I would have done things but hey, what do I know.

I think what really saved those guys were the Australian accents. :yup:

And I don't know what they were so worried about anyway, they had snorkels? :idontknow:

TheDuff

Treating recovery straps like a kinetic rope isn't too bright:what:

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Armydog

And I don't know what they were so worried about anyway, they had snorkels? :idontknow:

They did get both rigs out in the end. And there was little damage and no injuries...... Fun to watch but not gonna try this with my rig

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

TheDuff

And roof racks! Would have been really funny if they had used an overland journal between the 2 straps:p:p:p

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

stweasel

Just think how much more exciting your videos would be if Cindy made you do your shots over again. Actually if we could get Chris to agree to reshoot the driveshafts breaking.

Top Bottom