RedRockJKU Build

tdougherty81

Replacing my front driveshaft and noticed the transfer case linkage bushing was gone. Nothing holding it on. Lucky I bought 2 when the shifter linkage broke.

Attachments

• 1443285442018.jpg
    1443285442018.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 205
  • 1443285526669.jpg
    1443285526669.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 208

tdougherty81

I was expecting a possibility that I could break off a head bolt but not find one already broken off. Previous owner I guess.

Attachments

• 1443294929744.jpg
    1443294929744.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 279

USMC Wrangler

I'm glad you got it out. I don't think the issue is limited to Chrysler engines. I had the same problem in my 99 F150. Not saying it's right, but it seems to be a problem over a wide range of manufacturers.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Right, been looking at some but not sure which ones to get.

They're a little pricey, but I've been looking at the Savvy aluminum half doors. The new ones use the Rugged Ridge soft uppers so you could justify keeping them on more of the year. Just a thought.

I've looked at the soft half doors (might as well have no doors) and the trail cage / safari doors, but those are still too open for the kids. No way I'm shelling out for Mopar half doors and the Savvy ones look like high quality. Can't say I've seen anyone on the forum with them though.

mikefishes

They're a little pricey, but I've been looking at the Savvy aluminum half doors. The new ones use the Rugged Ridge soft uppers so you could justify keeping them on more of the year. Just a thought.

I've looked at the soft half doors (might as well have no doors) and the trail cage / safari doors, but those are still too open for the kids. No way I'm shelling out for Mopar half doors and the Savvy ones look like high quality. Can't say I've seen anyone on the forum with them though.

I think that "FIFTY" is running the savvy doors if I remember correctly

Top Bottom