Rhino Rubicon Unlimited Build

Napalm

Well I haven't been on here in the past month or two very much. Just recently moved to Amarillo, Texas to work for my brother. Also, just picked up this 2016 Challenger Hellcat, but hopefully back to Jeep mods soon. Hope everyone is doing well!

Image 7-10-17 at 11.42 PM by David Van Voris, on Flickr

Image 7-10-17 at 11.50 PM by David Van Voris, on Flickr

Nice. I've been watching your YouTube vids. Very nice HellCat. Glad you didn't get rid of the Jeep!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats, David. That's some badass shit. Next time you come back up here, we'll have to take it out in the snow.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nope still running that set up!

You are probably asked this question a million times.... do you feel comfortable with basically a stock 44 & 37's on the trail/street? Do you feel like parts are wearing out faster? A lot of guys say don't do it, but then I see your rig, it looks bad ass, and you seem to be doing just fine on moderate trails.... I know its all in how you drive... but any regrets? If you can't tell, I'm trying to talk myself out of 35's.

Vanv39

You are probably asked this question a million times.... do you feel comfortable with basically a stock 44 & 37's on the trail/street? Do you feel like parts are wearing out faster? A lot of guys say don't do it, but then I see your rig, it looks bad ass, and you seem to be doing just fine on moderate trails.... I know its all in how you drive... but any regrets? If you can't tell, I'm trying to talk myself out of 35's.

I haven't noticed any faster wear. Have 15k miles on the set up now and no problems. Wouldn't say I've done "extreme" rock crawling like some people but I definitely wheel it. I say go with 37s and upgrade as you need to.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

I haven't noticed any faster wear. Have 15k miles on the set up now and no problems. Wouldn't say I've done "extreme" rock crawling like some people but I definitely wheel it. I say go with 37s and upgrade as you need to.

Yep, what David said. My wheels are a heck of a lot heavier than stock and the only thing I've had to replace are ball joints running 37's on stock axles. Plus 37's are the new 35's anyway! :brows:

GraniteCrystal

I also run 37s on stock axles. No issues so far. Still, hoping for Dynatracs someday.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

I'm guessing if he can afford to mod a jeep and a challenger with a hellcat, he's not too worried about replacing ball joints now and again.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

I run 37" with a 4" lift and stock axles, and I wheel it too [emoji854]

TrailHunter

Hooked
I'm guessing if he can afford to mod a jeep and a challenger with a hellcat, he's not too worried about replacing ball joints now and again.

Good point... funny cause I was changing ball joints on my work truck today. Ordered a high dollar snap on ball joint tool to finish the job. Figured with 37's there's going to be a lot more Ball maintenance in my future. (That didn't sound right)

I wheeled 37s on a D44 rear and g2 chromoly shafts and bent a flange after maybe 6 pretty hard wheeling trips. Not saying you can't get away with it, but there's a good chance something is going to give if you push it.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I wheeled 37s on a D44 rear and g2 chromoly shafts and bent a flange after maybe 6 pretty hard wheeling trips. Not saying you can't get away with it, but there's a good chance something is going to give if you push it.

Agreed that eventually something will give. Which is why I say go with 37s and upgrade over time.

Sounds Legit... thx for all the input!

IBSMSHN

Ya some day I'll get real axles[emoji12]but for now I have run 37's on stock 44 with a little reinforcement and do some pretty good wheeling. But let me knock on wood [emoji1364]because I been running this since 2014 and been good!.... just my opinion I'll keep my 37's until I need to replace my axles then hopefully jump to 40's[emoji16]well that is the future goal!! Good luck...

Top Bottom