RL206's 2013 JKU Journal

rl206

My buddy just gave me an old pressure washer, pretty stoked on that! I think I'd be too nervous to spray the paint w/ it though.

Wethy

Lol have fun cleaning your grill. I remember using 'turtle wax' bug and tar cleaner after I drove through freshly oiled road construction. It should help a lot to get all those bugs of

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Y' know what i find works really well. Is to take a bounce dryer sheet and wet it in a bowl of warm water then scrub away. You dont even need to really scrub that hard and even dried on bugs and tar come off super easily. Then i just wash the grill as i normally would and apply a coat of wax after. It really does work

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Y' know what i find works really well. Is to take a bounce dryer sheet and wet it in a bowl of warm water then scrub away. You dont even need to really scrub that hard and even dried on bugs and tar come off super easily. Then i just wash the grill as i normally would and apply a coat of wax after. It really does work

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You beat me to it. We have bugs out the wazoo, here. That works great.

rl206

Dang, good ideas. I have been using warm water and simple green. I'm gonna give them all a try. Working 12+ hrs days back to back to back sucks, especially when your wheels are in ready to be picked up but can't....:gaah:

The bugs and dryer sheet will have to wait until tomorrow.

rl206

Well, still waiting on pkg's to show up... UPS tracking says "Voided shipping orders recieved" so will need to call Northridge today. I was able to mount my old tires off my old JK on this since my wheels came in. She's on 35"s now!

C gussets and a few other goodies are on the to do list now. The tires will last me until Fall, sold my stockers so w/ those out of the garage, will look for a new set shortly.

Girlfriend and I went on hike so took it out on some logging roads for the first time w/ the new shoes.

IMG_4828 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

rl206

In the middle of moving and a new job but I will be in an oversized 2 car garage w/ a loft so will have a place to work on the Jeep now. Got parts I needed to throw the CB in and a couple other goodies.

IMG_0756 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

Here's a pic from my last trip out in between all of the fires

IMG_5085 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

Last edited:

rl206

It's awesome up there! Doesn't get in the way of driving and I keep the mic in the glovebox when not using it.

rl206

Moved and started a new job and haven't been on for awhile. I snagged a couple goodies here and there.

I got an underseat lockbox
IMG_5532 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

I also found a steal on a set of 35" MT/R's so I got to ditch my bald KM2's

IMG_5591 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

rl206

Snagged this Rubicon rear 44 off craigslist. I still don't have the funds for a front PR44 so this may sit, but figured it was the cheapest way for me to get a locked rear end for awhile!
IMG_5650 by Ryan Lamb, on Flickr

rl206

Good deal. What gears are in it? Do they match your current front? No reason you couldn’t throw it in now if so.

My rig has the 6-spd, unfortunately, it won't. I have 3.73's I feel like 4.10's would be fine for me for now since it still a daily driver and commute a bit in it. I can't justify tossing $700-ish at the front D30 that I don't want anywho for regearing.

Top Bottom