ROADSIDE AMERICA : Awesome Roadside Stops Along the Way!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Following up on Moochie's post, here are more shots from the Worlds Largest National Car Junk Forest!
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Out here, they grow right out of the ground!
main.php

main.php

main.php

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Got to this before it toppled a few years back..Peach Tree Rock

"The End of an Era

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 a hiker observed that Peach Tree rock had fallen off its base. The rock was originally formed by erosion when the waters of the Atlantic receded long ago. The lower layers eroded more quickly creating the upside down sandstone pyramid. This iconic structure gave Peach Tree Rock Heritage Preserve its name."

IMG_6215.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

Would not be surprised if it was caused by some idiots.

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Got to this before it toppled a few years back..Peach Tree Rock

"The End of an Era

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 a hiker observed that Peach Tree rock had fallen off its base. The rock was originally formed by erosion when the waters of the Atlantic receded long ago. The lower layers eroded more quickly creating the upside down sandstone pyramid. This iconic structure gave Peach Tree Rock Heritage Preserve its name."

View attachment 127009

View attachment 127010

View attachment 127011

View attachment 127012

Would not be surprised if it was caused by some idiots.

Just like Elephant Rock in Valley of Fire, hope that guy went to a real jail with prison wear that says "juicy" across his ass.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Chimney Rock in North Carolina. Lake Lure in the distance. Ever there hit up Tia B's. Great Mexican food you can enjoy siting outside overlooking the Broad River. Dog's welcome.

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4952.jpg

CHIMNEY ROCK LOOKOUT 3.jpg

CHIMNEY ROCK LOOKOUT 2.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Chimney Rock in North Carolina. Lake Lure in the distance. Ever there hit up Tia B's. Great Mexican food you can enjoy siting outside overlooking the Broad River. Dog's welcome.

View attachment 127027

Hmmm?! I have to say, I didn't think there was anything in North Carolina that I would find worthy of a second look…this place looks pretty cool.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Hmmm?! I have to say, I didn't think there was anything in North Carolina that I would find worthy of a second look…this place looks pretty cool.

That whole area around Chimney Rock has a lot of cool sights to see and things to do! Definitely a place you can take a vacation to and not be bored.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug

That whole area around Chimney Rock has a lot of cool sights to see and things to do! Definitely a place you can take a vacation to and not be bored.

The prettier of the two Carolina's in my opinion. Ton's of things to do and see here. I find it funny when someone who lives here says "there is nothing to do" They need to get out there front door. Waterfalls, Hiking, fishing, rafting, kayaking, zip lining, boating, trails for Jeeping, drinking...let us not forget about the breweries, wineries, and distilleries too!:yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The prettier of the two Carolina's in my opinion. Ton's of things to do and see here. I find it funny when someone who lives here says "there is nothing to do" They need to get out there front door. Waterfalls, Hiking, fishing, rafting, kayaking, zip lining, boating, trails for Jeeping, drinking...let us not forget about the breweries, wineries, and distilleries too!:yup:

My aunt lives an hour from chimney rock. I have yet to make it there when I visit but some other family have been there. It's been on my list for a while.

Top Bottom