Rock Jock Anti-Rock issues/concerns

jeff_in_rc

I have the Rock Jock Anti-Rock system on my 2004 TJ Rubicon and a friend pointed out in a picture that my axle was not really flexing like it should. He suggested that we flex it connected and disconnected so we did out at Charlie's Place. Found a sloped rock and drove the passenger front up the rock and we marked it, then disconnected one side of the Anti-Rock and went back up and man what a difference. Got further up the rock and the axle drooped at least 18" more than when connected. And I'll be damned if I can find the pics we took!

Anyway has anybody else seen an issue like this? I have always been under the impression that there is NO NEED to disconnect the Anti-Rock, so am I wrong or what?

Thanks for reading. :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It is the number one reason why I DON'T like the Anti-Rock. Number 2 is that they are noisy.

Don't get me wrong, I love Currie products and recommend their Johnny Joints and steering components all the time but the Anti-Rock is a joke - the worst of both worlds as they are too soft for my taste for pavement driving and too stiff for bind free flex.

jeff_in_rc

It is the number one reason why I DON'T like the Anti-Rock. Number 2 is that they are noisy.

Don't get me wrong, I love Currie products and recommend their Johnny Joints and steering components all the time but the Anti-Rock is a joke - the worst of both worlds as they are too soft for my taste for pavement driving and too stiff for bind free flex.

Can't say I have ever heard mine but hey I'm pushing 60! LOL

Now I will say that when I bought this Jeep a little over a year ago the Anti-Rock was already installed and it has worked well for me BUT after messing around with it disconnected it just flexes better so I will be disconnecting it every run.

Thanks for your comments Eddie.

sparkymoffett

Mine is a JKU. so yes, there is some difference between models.
Do you have front and rear Anti-rocks?
I ask because I learned that with both front and rear, you get a lot better performance out of it. i.e. what it's supposed to do.
I originally just bought the front. Left the rear stock sway bar on. Found that when flexed, I was still getting a lot of body roll.
Took off the stock rear, and found the same thing. Rear was wide open to flex but the antirock was keeping the front from flexing. Still body roll.
Got the rear antirock installed and now, the body stays way more level than it used to and the flex capabilities are better.
flexy.jpg

MC2003TJ

I have the Rock Jock Anti-Rock system on my 2004 TJ Rubicon and a friend pointed out in a picture that my axle was not really flexing like it should. He suggested that we flex it connected and disconnected so we did out at Charlie's Place. Found a sloped rock and drove the passenger front up the rock and we marked it, then disconnected one side of the Anti-Rock and went back up and man what a difference. Got further up the rock and the axle drooped at least 18" more than when connected. And I'll be damned if I can find the pics we took!

Anyway has anybody else seen an issue like this? I have always been under the impression that there is NO NEED to disconnect the Anti-Rock, so am I wrong or what?

Thanks for reading. :D

I have a full Currie Helldorado TJ and don't have any issues with flex, droop, and or noise from my anti-rock sway bars.

IMG_0857.jpg

jeff_in_rc

Mine is a JKU. so yes, there is some difference between models.
Do you have front and rear Anti-rocks?
I ask because I learned that with both front and rear, you get a lot better performance out of it. i.e. what it's supposed to do.
I originally just bought the front. Left the rear stock sway bar on. Found that when flexed, I was still getting a lot of body roll.
Took off the stock rear, and found the same thing. Rear was wide open to flex but the antirock was keeping the front from flexing. Still body roll.
Got the rear antirock installed and now, the body stays way more level than it used to and the flex capabilities are better.

I have the Anti-Rock on the front only, the rear is stock with longer links for the lift. I had the rear off while getting new bushings and I did notice a lot of body roll so it went back on. Not sure about getting an Anti-Rock for the rear but will check into it. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Anti-Rock on the front only, the rear is stock with longer links for the lift. I had the rear off while getting new bushings and I did notice a lot of body roll so it went back on. Not sure about getting an Anti-Rock for the rear but will check into it. Thanks!

Your factory rear is all you need. It'll provide plenty of stability and it's FREE.

MC2003TJ

Don't get me wrong but, have you ever done a side by side comparison like the OP did?

I actually have done a side-by-side comparison when I first purchased the Jeep a few years ago. There was a no noticable difference between full compression or full droop with my setup. Maybe I don't have as much droop as other suspension systems on TJ's. I am running the Currie Johnny Joint set up in the front and the Currie "J" arm triangulated rear suspension. I have my anti-rock sway bar on the outer adjustment hole furthest from the torsion bar. I prefer the handling characteristics of the Jeep with both the front and rear sway bars connected all of the time.

I agree with you in regards to the anti-rock street characteristics or lack there of. I would like to have the factory electronic disconnect sway bar control that you are running. For now she seems to run pretty good for a Jeep that I picked up for 9k from this old guy.

Great job on the latest video's. I really enjoy this forum and hope to meet you in person some day.

Attachments

• IMG_8999.jpg
    IMG_8999.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_9001.jpg
    IMG_9001.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_9002.jpg
    IMG_9002.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_9004.jpg
    IMG_9004.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 163

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually have done a side-by-side comparison when I first purchased the Jeep a few years ago. There was a no noticable difference between full compression or full droop with my setup. Maybe I don't have as much droop as other suspension systems on TJ's. I am running the Currie Johnny Joint set up in the front and the Currie "J" arm triangulated rear suspension. I have my anti-rock sway bar on the outer adjustment hole furthest from the torsion bar. I prefer the handling characteristics of the Jeep with both the front and rear sway bars connected all of the time.

I agree with you in regards to the anti-rock street characteristics or lack there of. I would like to have the factory electronic disconnect sway bar control that you are running. For now she seems to run pretty good for a Jeep that I picked up for 9k from this old guy.

Cool, just thought I'd ask and, what it tells me is that your shocks are the limiting factor of your flex. For what you have, you are not hindered by the Anti-Rock.

Because of the street characteristics, I decided to run an ORO SwayLOC on my old TJ. It worked well enough but I kept breaking the sway bar arm.

Great job on the latest video's. I really enjoy this forum and hope to meet you in person some day.

Thanks, it would be great to meet you in person as well.

2011jk

I have a ORO sway lock in the front and a .9"Currie rear don't have any issues with flex, droop, and or noise from either.
13" travel rear shocks and 11" fronts and use ever bit of both. Maybe different setups have different results. All I know its so much better off road than using the Rubicon front disco and a stock rear. Steers IMO just as good.

Last edited:

suicideking

Maybe it's different for a TJ and a JK, but I haven't heard a single complaint about the anti-rock from people with TJ's. Most that I've talked to have it set on the loosest setting after getting used to it on the road. There aren't many choices though for sway bars. It will be one of my next upgrades. I'm sick of disconnecting and re-connecting.

Top Bottom