Rock lights

BlueCopper

Thank you I read the entire thread. I was asking if anyone has specifically tried the platinum burner led that eddie mentioned. I was hoping maybe someone new would chime in......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Atch

Here is a link to ebay that Atch pointed out to me last year, for the 4 pot led that 2trackin mentioned, similar to the ones Seanb posted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200627229455?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

$18.99 for 20 lights

they may not look like it, but they are waterproof, i submerged one to test it.

Yeah, but what about the LED ones? :idontknow:

I need to move mine up and out of the way. I keep breaking my front ones. :doh:

I had the same issue as MTG so I switched from the platinum burners to the cheap eBay led lights. Haven't had any issues since.

JKFlyer

For me they have. I have completely submerged them in water before and to the point where you could see it bubbling from the heat of the bulb but, still worked just fine. The best part is that they are cheap and can be found anywhere which makes replacing them super easy if needed. They now have an LED version and I am going to swap in a set just to see how they look.

Guys

I used original platinum burners and they caused too much of a voltage drop which caused my trail dash to turn on...which is how it turns on....

Anyway, I swapped to led version...same brand from Walmart ...round version ( BC led uses lot less voltage so it cured that issue).....anyway they suck. About 25% as bright and one already died...another has a nice crack. I would not recommend

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jkjurny

I know the thread is about keeping this cheap, but has anyone tried the Ridged Industries rock light package? I know they're pricey for the 4 light set.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Guys

I used original platinum burners and they caused too much of a voltage drop which caused my trail dash to turn on...which is how it turns on....

Anyway, I swapped to led version...same brand from Walmart ...round version ( BC led uses lot less voltage so it cured that issue).....anyway they suck. About 25% as bright and one already died...another has a nice crack. I would not recommend

If it's causing a voltage drop you wired it up wrong. I've run my rock lights (4), led lightbar, interior lights, headlights, and radio without the jeep being on. Never had an issue for the 20 minutes it was like that.

JKFlyer

If it's causing a voltage drop you wired it up wrong. I've run my rock lights (4), led lightbar, interior lights, headlights, and radio without the jeep being on. Never had an issue for the 20 minutes it was like that.

Hey...I have 4 rock light, 3 sets duallys led lights....1 light bar, winch, compressor etc. All hard wired to batt. They are wired correctly...certain items trigger a slight Enough drop in voltage to cause the (superchips) Traildash to turn on. You would think it would only turn on by starting the engine but other drops in voltage can do it as well . I can have all four LED's on as well as headlights and interior lights and the trail dash wont start but the watts/volts that were being pulled by the original rock lights were too much a drop. I think they were 60 watts each - 240total. Thus, trail dash would come on and Then get stuck in a holding mode BC engine not on. same thing happens if I use a compressor or the winch with the motor NOT on. Once I switched to the LED rock lights, I had no issues anymore because it was a negliguble drop in voltage when motor is not on. I called superchips about this and they said that that is how it works.

Either way I'm in the market to find some good LED replacement Rock lights as I don't like the Walmart platinum burner version

Last edited:

pathfinder

I have used the walmart pb leds the ones in the pic are not that bright the best ones from Walmart are the smaller round fog light and the double roll flat ones. I had them on my jk but I can't find the pics with them on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1394717996470.jpg
    1394717996470.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 246

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Even using a relay will still get the flicker. I have info on what to use to eliminate it though. About $5 in supplies from Radioshack

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not of done correctly. I have my lightbar wired into the factory fog and no flicker. Sharkey has done a couple installs using the factory fog and has no flicker. Again if done right it won't flicker.

noroad

i wnat to order but that website is so primitive....you know anything about them? only a few of the links work...can't get any details. looks like a guy out of his garage, which i am fine with, but dont even see a phone number to ask questions

A guy in my jeep club suggested them as he had ordered and got the white ones!

also paid throw paypal so its covered!

Last edited:

Krieger

Maybe Kriger will chime in, but here is what I found by ecolight and he is running them on his jeep

https://www.ecolightled.com/product/4x4_led_rock_crawl/led_lighting_projects

5uqu5u7a.jpg

Yup, these are what I used, and have had them on now for a bit with no problems at all. Yes these ones are a little pricy but there are ones out there that are basically the same that are way cheeper. In my opinion Led is the only way to go, very little draw and very bright.

Top Bottom