Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders

I've been running these for almost two years and haven't had any problems at all and I have wheeled it pretty hard and beat on the sliders. I think these have been a great investment and couldn't be happier

Tamis56

RubiGreek

Hi guys, i have this product for almost two years, its an awesome product and it helps a lot especially when your jeep is a every day drive. i wanted to ask if anyone have see since of rust on them? mine have got rusted and paint is pilling off of them.

Kilroy

Hi guys, i have this product for almost two years, its an awesome product and it helps a lot especially when your jeep is a every day drive. i wanted to ask if anyone have see since of rust on them? mine have got rusted and paint is pilling off of them.

Well you live in NY I think aluminum rust there to[emoji23]. No mine are fine I'm in socal though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CharlesC

I have had mine for a few years now. They do take a good beating on the rocks and seem to be holding up and functioning rather well. No issues what so ever with the motors. (Probably the kiss of death with that being said... [emoji23])I spray lithium grease on the pivot mechanisms every time I do a oil change.
I think my wife and kids appreciates them for the fact of getting in and out of the Jeep is not a task. Makes it very convenient for shorter legs!
After rolling over rocks, you will want to paint those areas that are scratched up to keep rust away, but on everything else, the paint seems to be holding up. On the door sensors, I used silicon to keep the magnets in place. Hope this helps-

Rocralr

Hello. I have a 2015 JKU Rubicon. We have had the steps on the Jeep for about 1 1/2 years. No problems and they take a good hit. My wife is short and likes the fact that it is easy for her to get in and out of the Jeep. I think they are worth the money. I saw then at the Lucas Off Road Show and they have made some nice improvements.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
I saw the new improvements they were making and they look pretty good now. I noticed they did have a lot of issues from watching the original videos... But again the improvements they have made recently looked promising. I am somewhat contemplating these because my wife complains about having to step up so high, I told her she was just building upper-body strength like she always wanted LOL did not go over as well as I'd hoped

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

feederic

I’ve had mine for about a month now, but they are very sturdy. They work great for the fiancée and friends - I may still get the additional skids as some insurance.

NVAnvilJK

I have had mine for a few years now. They do take a good beating on the rocks and seem to be holding up and functioning rather well. No issues what so ever with the motors. (Probably the kiss of death with that being said... [emoji23])I spray lithium grease on the pivot mechanisms every time I do a oil change.
I think my wife and kids appreciates them for the fact of getting in and out of the Jeep is not a task. Makes it very convenient for shorter legs!
After rolling over rocks, you will want to paint those areas that are scratched up to keep rust away, but on everything else, the paint seems to be holding up. On the door sensors, I used silicon to keep the magnets in place. Hope this helps-

I agree with this assessment. I have been running a second generation of these steps for a bit over two years with no problems. I regularly spray them with silicon lubricant and have not had any issues. By only criticism is that they are heavy, but that helps with the rocks. Clean and spray with black spray paint when dinged and all is good.

Cold Gas

I saw the new improvements they were making and they look pretty good now. I noticed they did have a lot of issues from watching the original videos... But again the improvements they have made recently looked promising. I am somewhat contemplating these because my wife complains about having to step up so high, I told her she was just building upper-body strength like she always wanted LOL did not go over as well as I'd hoped

Hi just wondering what improvements they made to them? My wife really wants me to get some as she is short and the Jeep is on 40's. But some of the failure reports do concern me.

SPOOOBY

I have some on my 2015 rubicon, they worked great for a while then got out of alignment somehow, I took them apart and all the internal bolts have got loose guess the didn’t know about locktite.
I tighten the bolts and all was fine then they just quit working, probably the control box but haven’t checked, they are tough just not reliable.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rocralr

Hi. Like I said earlier I have used them hard and with a little maintenance they work and hold up. I did put the armor skins on mine and I think that makes a big difference.

Cold Gas

So just wondering when the motors fail is there a provision to manually lock them in the raised position or are you stuck with it hanging down? I would hate to be on a trail and be having to completely remove one to get out. Mind you I guess can likely just use a bungee cord or wire to get you home?

DINKELROC

I have some dealership installed AMP steps on my jk now that my wife really appreciates (she has a disability) but they would never take a hit from any trail obstacles. I was considering the rock slide ones as well but I'm not willing to pay the money and have problems. I even considered getting the LoD signature sliders and just swapping them back and forth prior to a trail run.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Hi just wondering what improvements they made to them? My wife really wants me to get some as she is short and the Jeep is on 40's. But some of the failure reports do concern me.
As stated above... ROCRALR had these which is why I ultimately decided to go with them. My wife was complaining about getting in and out of the Jeep and I was lifting it even more with bigger tires so I had to do something.

ROCRALR has the first gen and I have the 2nd gen... These are much faster now than they were apparently back then and a lot more reliable now. Any questions I would suggest calling rock slide engineering to get any clarification needed.

Over all these steps are really nice and I opted for the extra armor for the slider itself which is a $500 upgrade (ROCRALR suggested this and definitely worth the upgrade!) And I got the added body armor upgrade as well. Now I can't wait to try them out besides in the garage since I'm still putting everything back together!

Top Bottom