Rubicon Trail

Brute

Hooked
Sunrise at Buck Lake.jpg

Buck Lake at sunrise...watching trout rise to flies , and me without a fishing pole...I am an idiot...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad to see you had a good time out on the Rubicon. It does suck though that people abandoned their floaties out at the springs.

Brute

Hooked
I'm glad to see you had a good time out on the Rubicon. It does suck though that people abandoned their floaties out at the springs.

We made sure they weren't there when we left...what sucks even more were the abandoned vehicles on the trail; there was a bone stock JKU left in a bad spot on the trail with no real easy way around, forcing us to strap each rig on a corner to prevent from hitting it as we came off a ledge and made a hard turn passenger...found out later from a sheriff that came thru that it was a rental...

Eddie, you are very lucky to live so close to this iconic trail...I thought about you & Cindy as I passed thru Carson City...

I did...plan on doing once a year from this point on...and bringing a 5 wt rod...A Hui Hou!

I hear you on taking a fly rod. Just about everywhere I go I have a 8wt and 5wt with me. Never know when you might come across some fishy looking water.

bthomas

Nice rig and nice pics! Thanks for sharing. Very good of you to leave it better than you found it! [emoji106]🏻

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We made sure they weren't there when we left...what sucks even more were the abandoned vehicles on the trail; there was a bone stock JKU left in a bad spot on the trail with no real easy way around, forcing us to strap each rig on a corner to prevent from hitting it as we came off a ledge and made a hard turn passenger...found out later from a sheriff that came thru that it was a rental...

Eddie, you are very lucky to live so close to this iconic trail...I thought about you & Cindy as I passed thru Carson City...

Honestly, I somehow figured you would be the kind of guy to help clean up after other losers out there. Thank you for that. If I had been in town as you came through, I would have loved to say hello. Perhaps another time. As far as the abandoned Jeep goes, that really sucks. Was that on Cadillac Hill?

Top Bottom