Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

I vote Dusy, same reasons. Also, if we do Dusy I might be able to get a couple of my local WAL's to tag along that couldn't make the trip to the Rubicon.

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I vote Dusy, same reasons. Also, if we do Dusy I might be able to get a couple of my local WAL's to tag along that couldn't make the trip to the Rubicon.

Where exactly is Dusy? Fresno? 8.5 hrs for me. I'm coming with way, just might have to have a fuel charity. Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
I would vote Dusy for the same reason :doh:

With that being said, I have been scouring the Kayak sites trying to find the flow rates for Fordyce creek and I did find they are planning a high flow test in October - in to 400+ range which would make it un crossable. However the lake being so low I see other reports that there will be no dumps this fall. Till trying to find the straight scoop on the creek.

Fordyce looks tougher then the Rubicon but the Dusy is at 10,000 feet so not sure on the weather. I guess my biggest concern is washing my jeep down the creek:doh:

I'm up for you guys pulling me through either trail!

Ricky said they are working on the Dam so no water issues will be present at Fordyce.

I'm ok with either one. I know a bunch of people running Fordyce this weekend so i can hopefully get a smoke report. I can help out with some fuel $ if you're willing to make the drive Bobby.

Panda

The dusy will be hard for us with a five hour drive and we'd have to get a room thurs night that's a lot more $ for us to go, we' ll try but not sure we'll have the funds :broke:

Oregonjeeper

Where exactly is Dusy? Fresno? 8.5 hrs for me. I'm coming with way, just might have to have a fuel charity. Lol

you can always rent and a trailer and take the truck ??? And i know a guy with rental trailers lol :cheesy::thumb:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Heck, Let's just meet at the Moab Friday morning. I don't think there's any smoke there right now! Lol

It really doesn't matter 2 me either way. We still have a chance the rubicon will be open. But fordyce or the dusy are fine with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

We can't do them both, Rick. Gotta pick one, lol

Well the rubicon is the first choose but if it's closed I'll leave it up to all of you. If we do run fordyce I stayed in Nevada city the night before last time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Panda

After thinking about this a couple days I wanted to mention a couple thoughts.. the dusy is 30 miles long, it might be better to plan that one on a four day weekend later on, since it is a long drive for most of us and then we can take our time and if someone were to break down out there we wouldn't get home till Tuesday, then if we all make it out Sunday it will have to be early because we'll all have long drives home not to mention a couple extra tanks of gas :eek: so I have to vote fordyce for this trip, sorry guys I'm not sure we can make it down to the dusy this trip with funds and work Schedule :grayno:

Top Bottom