Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

It was right over are heads. Just got an email from a buddy and he said they are chipping all the brush on ice house road and in the next couple days it should be open. That was right from friends of the rubicon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice!!

--rccrwlr.

It was right over are heads. Just got an email from a buddy and he said they are chipping all the brush on ice house road and in the next couple days it should be open. That was right from friends of the rubicon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

From the FOTR FB page posted 6hrs ago
Ok gang, here is the latest I have as far as info.

Waiting for the forest order to open the trail.
The trail is safe and looks like its out of danger!

There may have been contingency lines put up in place on Wentworth Springs Rd and 14N07.

The County will go up on Monday morning to evaluate Wentworth Springs Road to the campground.

So, stand by, looks like things are winding down. Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected, and a special thanks to all that helped the residents affected by the fire. Great job everyone!

Jerry

--rccrwlr.

You rock, but I was only kidding! Thanks for the offer.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just called ice house road is still closed to everyone except residents. ..just have to sit back and wait :-(

According to them this is the website that will be updated first. She said it goes by the most recent update. So for road closures we still go by the 9/25 post. http://pio.edso.org/

Last edited:
Just called ice house road is still closed to everyone except residents. ..just have to sit back and wait :-(

According to them this is the website that will be updated first. She said it goes by the most recent update. So for road closures we still go by the 9/25 post. http://pio.edso.org/

Thanks for making the call. Ya that is the website I have been monitoring. Good to know we are on the right track. Finger crossed!!

--rccrwlr.

With all of the activity up in the area the local weather reports are actually pretty useful. Looks like it's going to be cold at night. Better prepare
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411837397.402037.jpg

--rccrwlr.

With all of the activity up in the area the local weather reports are actually pretty useful. Looks like it's going to be cold at night. Better prepare

That's what my wife just told me! Cold crisp nights. Better bring some firewood. I'll bring some fire sticks. Its probably all I'll be able to fit. Lol

--rccrwlr.

They just posted few road openings and an information number. I called and asked Jerry about ice house rd. It's still closed but only due to a few mud slides at this point due to the rain. Emergency vehicles are on scene cleaning it up. They expect more weather this weekend and then warmer weather the beg of the week. Jerry thinks opening the road is promising. We will see!

--rccrwlr.

You bought a fridge and are bringing dried food? :thinking:

I'll be packing something like ribeyes. LOL!

Sweet, I like mine rare and spiraled please. I'm on 35s. I need light weight.

Top Bottom