Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

Rccrwlr

After investigating the popping noise coming from the rear I realized it wasn't Bobby's cup rolling around and it proceeded to get louder even after I unloaded. The spare tire was isolated and tight however if I lifted up on it it would pop, I thought the hinges may have worked loose but they all checked out then I saw it out of the corner of my eye while lifting the tire, the sheet metal was popping :doh: I removed the tire and low and behold I creased the tailgate. This was not caused by caring a 37" tire on a stock carrier but from dragging the tire off a big drop off on the Rubicon. It only barely touched but holding the full wait of the Jeep is obviously to much.

I knew better and always said I would throw the spare in the back when I went wheeling but didn't:doh: Live and learn. Around town it is fine or light trails but if there is any chance it will drag on approach or departure I wouldn't ever use a carrier mounted to the tailgate or tailgate hinges. just my 2 cents

View attachment 104623

That's a bummer. Time for EVO corners and a carrier!!

--rccrwlr.

Rccrwlr

Teasers
Day 2
_TRP8485.jpg

_TRP8489.jpg

_TRP8496.jpg

_TRP8497.jpg

_TRP8502.jpg

_TRP8517.jpg

_TRP8519.jpg

_TRP8527.jpg

_TRP8534.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg
After 4 hrs of trail repairs both the Tie Rod and the Drag link were sleeved. One with a high lift jack handle the other with my cheater bar.

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Great pictures my friend. Had a blast with you guys!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mrs.2013rubirick

Teasers
Day 3

Awesome pics! ! Had a ton of fun with everyone! It was great getting to meet all of your guys' better halves :) as well as enjoy time with some familiar faces! Can't wait for the next trip! !

bkac

Caught the Bug
Let's do it! I'll be eco friendly and try not to park in the middle of a crawl. Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom