Scorpicon Build Thread

StrizzyChris

Its super easy, just...
#1 insert the key into the off position
#2 quickly advance the key forward to the run position (but not too far as to engage the starter)
#3 immediately return the key to the off position
#4 quickly advance the key forward to the run position
#5 immediately return the key to the off position
#6 quickly advance the key forward to the run position AND LEAVE IT THERE.

You should get a random code followed by "done". If you get only ----- and then "done", then the code has to be read by a scan tool at the dealership.

So in summary forward, back, forward, back, forward and then wait.

StrizzyChris

Loaded up 4 37's, 5 wheels, front and rear coilover kits, front drive shaft, front track bar, control arms and tools all in one trip! Let me just say that the rear sway bar was not made for that kind of cargo :eek:

1398233444101.jpg

Day 1 was a long one with a ton of modification needed to the brackets. Lower coilover brackets needed a bit of material removed to clear the c-gussets.

1398233734115.jpg

1398233760787.jpg

The passenger side bracket needed quite a bit of cutting to clear the battery tray(I didn't want to cut too much into the battery tray) and also didn't quite fit into the shock tower....but after quite a bit of trimming and re-drilling two holes it all worked out in the end.

(An initial trim picture, but 4 more test fittings and further cutting needed)
1398234023734.jpg

So with all the kit modifications needed, day 1 ended with the fronts only installed, and with the front set of 37's on slabs mounted up!

StrizzyChris

It was already hangin off the back on the tire carrier.

I truly couldn't imagine more weight in there. I crossed the San Fran bay and about wobbled off with the uncontrolled swaying. Had to run 40mph to keep in my lane. :eek:

Top Bottom