Security for your topless jku

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I built my own shelf. It's made out of simple wood, more for camping purposes. It does, however, keep everything I put under it out of sight. Obviously with it being wood, if you wanted to see what's under it you could pretty easy, but I generally don't have anything worth much under there. I wrapped it in black fabric so it looks real sleek and inconspicuous. I don't have any pictures, but it looks almost just like every other security deck/shelf on here.

Murfphy

Depends on the deck itself.

The new style security enclosure has a "floating" lid that slides front/back to lock and unlock. It's not bolted down at all. Anything you put up too should be fastened down to the jeep itself, and not to the deck/enclosure.

The old style security enclosures are designed differently and allow for securing items to the lid itself.

Right on bro! Thanks alot!

Any decks that the arb can be secured to that lock up. Oh and doesn't cost 1k?

Frydaddy

I built my own shelf. It's made out of simple wood, more for camping purposes. It does, however, keep everything I put under it out of sight. Obviously with it being wood, if you wanted to see what's under it you could pretty easy, but I generally don't have anything worth much under there. I wrapped it in black fabric so it looks real sleek and inconspicuous. I don't have any pictures, but it looks almost just like every other security deck/shelf on here.

I did something like that. 3/4" Plywood, covered in deck carpeting. It really matches the Jeep stock carpeting.

I should have extended the hinged cover to fit under the lip of the tailgate. That way, it kind-of locks into place to block access.

http://imgur.com/JrFgXrM
JrFgXrM.jpg

Murfphy

I was thinking of making my own but I'm doing so much right now I'd rather buy. Any suggestions are welcomed. I'll do more searching.

Thanks guys

Top Bottom