Sedona Thursday 7/30/15

OffRoadAZBillDoes

This time we're sticking to our plan and going to Sedona. Meeting at the Chevron station on Carefree Hwy just east of I17. Plan to meet at 7:30 and pull out at about 7:45. That should put us in Sedona between 9:00 and 9:30.

TheFunSmith

Hey Bill, it looks like my Colorado plans have been delayed 2 weeks. I should be free for the Sedona meetup this Thursday. How many people are definitely going in this group? Any pre-determined trails that the group is trying to run? As of now, count me in! :thumb:

TheFunSmith

Eh stuff happens, plans change, life moves on. It's one of those "best laid plans of mice and men" deals, but I will now be able to make the Sedona run with you guys as well as the Colorado run with my original group so I suppose it's all working out. I may end up staying the night in Sedona with a buddy Wednesday night, if so I'll have to meet up with you guys once you get up there.

OffRoadAZBillDoes

Tomorrow is the Sedona trip! Can't hardly wait. We're meeting at the Chevron station on Carefree Hwy just east of I17 7:30am. Would love to meet more Wayalifers.

jelliott076

My kid and I are in for sure. Don't know about the other rig yet. See you all there. You all running on Channel 16??

jelliott076

Looking at a cb in a little while. Don't have one yet. Any recommendations?

I'm running the Uniden Bearcat. It's $106 on Amazon right now. I wired it up myself but had to have the antenna mount and wiring done for me by Cutting Edge off the I-17.

The reason we pick CH16...in Eddie's words ,"4x4...easy to remember!"

OffRoadAZBillDoes

Got the Cobra handheld with a Wilson antenna. Got a decent price including full installation. $370.25 including tax. Apollo on the southwest corner of 43rd Ave and Northern in Phoenix.

jelliott076

I wouldnt have mounted the antenna on the bumper like i had. When i took my tire carrier off to put on the evo tire carrier. It left me kind of screwed.

Speaking of which...tore my bicep tendon at work. Which means I am operating on one arm and have an MRI tomorrow morning. I will still me yoy all at the staging area but there is no way i can safely wheel with one arm. That being said, I very much want to meet you all for future trips when I have healed.

firecrew1

put me as a maybe, found out I don't get the full days off I was origionally told due to increase of fires so I have to stay local, were in Sedona would you like to meet?

TheFunSmith

I too will have to meet you guys in Sedona. Can we determine a secondary meetup point in Sedona for Firecrew and I?

Top Bottom