SEMA 2017 RECAP : The TOP 5 GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY

WJCO

Meme King
As the trend to run larger/wider wheels and tires continues it creates more of a need for a steering stabilizer capable of controlling them on the road as well. When installed correctly this dual stabilizer offers improved steering control without the feedback associated with oversized tires/wheels.

caaa0565852a651b08f21eb0b1cf309c4ff73683a798e1e438d49ca02543da66.jpg .....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Before all the haters sign on and chime in, this is an example of how things could have been handled...

Sample email or PM said:
Hi Eddie, I just saw the post you made regarding our dual steering stabilizer that was on display at SEMA and I'm contacting you today to let you know that it was in fact, installed incorrectly. As you can clearly see in the instructions that I am sending you now, they clearly show how it should have been installed. I am not asking you to change your post or even your opinion of BDS but was hoping you would take this into consideration.

Just sayin.

benatc1

Hooked
Weird how I ran 37x13.5s for a while and never once installed a steering stabilizer, including the factory one and the Jeep drove great because I had the steering/front end dialed in correctly. Guess I️ was wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Weird how I ran 37x13.5s for a while and never once installed a steering stabilizer, including the factory one and the Jeep drove great because I had the steering/front end dialed in correctly. Guess I️ was wrong..

Clearly, if you had been designing, testing and using off-road products for 20 years, you would know better :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
While you raise a legitimate concern based on the positioning of this particular dual stabilizer kit, the fact of the matter is this steering stabilizer kit is installed incorrectly. Our kit is designed to mount above the tie rod so that it doesn’t effect overall ground clearance. There were several examples of it installed correctly on vehicles around the show to reference if you chose to do so. We’ve been offering this kit as well as OE replacement stabilizer and the FOX ATS for the JK for several years. While we pride ourselves in offering high-quality lift kits and accessories, not all products are designed strictly to enhance offroad performance. As the trend to run larger/wider wheels and tires continues it creates more of a need for a steering stabilizer capable of controlling them on the road as well. When installed correctly this dual stabilizer offers improved steering control without the feedback associated with oversized tires/wheels. You’re entitled to your opinion, but questioning our entire company base on an incorrectly installed part on a show vehicle that isn't ours seems a bit harsh. We’ve been in business for more than 20 years designing, testing and using our products on and off-road. We stand behind our products with a no fine print warranty. -BDS Suspension

Your products for the JK are complete garbage. Go back to the drawing board or stick to the full size game.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that SEMA is almost here, I thought it might be fun to give this thread a bump and remind people of what we thought was hot and clearly not in 2017. :crazyeyes:

jesse3638

Hooked
I love seeing the new products. It's crazy to think how people by non-functional "bling" ie...dual SS mounted that way. I've never been into flashy and would take function any day. Can't wait to see what aftermarket support is out there for the JL. Dreading Fab 4 parts though..haha

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Cool refresher.

Have you seen/heard anything further on that REGO REX system? I've poked around a little but really haven;t see much on it. I bet it's expensive as hell

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love seeing the new products. It's crazy to think how people by non-functional "bling" ie...dual SS mounted that way. I've never been into flashy and would take function any day. Can't wait to see what aftermarket support is out there for the JL. Dreading Fab 4 parts though..haha

LOL!! I'm sure they and Starwood will both be out there in full force :icon_crazy: :crazyeyes:

Cool refresher.

Have you seen/heard anything further on that REGO REX system? I've poked around a little but really haven;t see much on it. I bet it's expensive as hell

Nah. I think their whole angle was to try and sell their design to a company here in the US. A real shame.

longarmwj

I’m both excited and nervous to see all the JLs at SEMA. Excited to see what kinds of new, currently unannounced products will be on display, but nervous to see how many of them get butchered by all of these custom “shops” and big ass “bro truck” wheel companies (I’m looking at you American Force, Fuel Forged, Hostile, and Specialty Forged)

RageKage

What does BDS stand for?...I've got a few ideas...

So the honest to god answer, as I think we all assume, is that it stands for “Big Dick Suspension” I looked it up. The owners father made the name and then when the son took over he abbreviated it to make it politically friendly.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Being that SEMA is almost here, I thought it might be fun to give this thread a bump and remind people of what we thought was hot and clearly not in 2017. :crazyeyes:

I’m depressed I can’t get away from work this year and attend. Thanks !!

Top Bottom