Share your best trail munchies.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Years and years ago I grilled a steak on the flowmaster on my WJ. Wrapped it in tin foil and let it sit there idling after the car had been driven for a few hours.

That was the worst steak I've ever had

Lol! I tried that with steak cubes on the manifold of one of my old International Scouts before. Tasted like exhaust. I threw up lol. Never again!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Thanks to WJCO, I cant get enough of them and they are great on the trail. :cheesy:

funny chips.jpg

On a serious note. I usually just get a big bag of beef jerky. Jerky and water!!

daddyusmaximus

I always get strange looks at this one, but I did it for years in the field with the Army and on 3 deployments.

1 tube of Ritz crackers + 1 can of potted meat = no cook lunch.

RUBEERCON

My dad loves the Vienna sausages in any flavor. He also dips cold hot dogs into the opening of a full bottle of Otts dressing and then eats them cold! Strange

He showed me the peanuts in grape soda trick. Mom loves those red peanut pattie pucks. They have been doing this since the early 60s I bet.

We ate the potted meat with the devil logo on the white paper wrapped can as kids, stopped when I got smart enough to shop on my own!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
No pictures but I love the "caviar of the south". AKA boiled peanuts. Doesn't matter if they are garlic, Cajun, unseasoned, or my personal favorite, lemon and Old Bay, I can eat my weight in those things. Thankfully every gas station and road side stand in my neck of the woods makes them. The best though come straight from the crock pot.

Fried peanuts are amazing too, mostly because frying them actually allows you to eat the shell as well.

Go to historic Williamsburg Virginia, the Kings Arms Tavern has peanut soup that I bet you would enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
My dad loves the Vienna sausages in any flavor. He also dips cold hot dogs into the opening of a full bottle of Otts dressing and then eats them cold! Strange

He showed me the peanuts in grape soda trick. Mom loves those red peanut pattie pucks. They have been doing this since the early 60s I bet.

We ate the potted meat with the devil logo on the white paper wrapped can as kids, stopped when I got smart enough to shop on my own!

Wow haven't heard of that in a long time, Underwoods Deviled ham.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
Ham and cheddar lunchables! There is something about the crackers in them that makes them different! Original Goldfish crackers, club crackers and underwood chicken potted meat (chicken white paper devil can).

Top Bottom