Shocking Decision

t8er

Going to hijack here so apologies to the OP. Does anyone have the 4" plush rides with bilsteins?

sitruc

Going to hijack here so apologies to the OP. Does anyone have the 4" plush rides with bilsteins?

No worries, it's just amazing the varied opinions on shocks. I do realize it is a very subjective issue.
The only complaint I have with my current 9000's is how the shafts have "blued" which tells me they get hot.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

3" with bilsteins. Only reason mine rides ok is because I have a heavy jeep. If I had a lighter jeep, I can almost guarantee it would be a firm ride.

t8er

3" with bilsteins. Only reason mine rides ok is because I have a heavy jeep. If I had a lighter jeep, I can almost guarantee it would be a firm ride.

Olram define heavy? I've got front and rear bumpers, hardtop, tools, recovery gear, fluids, emergency supplies, spare gas cans, winch etc.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Olram define heavy? I've got front and rear bumpers, hardtop, tools, recovery gear, fluids, emergency supplies, spare gas cans, winch etc.

Just a whole bunch of steel armor, tire carrier, winch. I think if I didn't have the extra weight it would be a stiff ride.
Edit, I can't remember off hand the weight. But she's a porker imo

T&ERun

LOSER

Exactly what I have, 5100s that is. Too firm for me. I'm looking to change out the shocks. Probably will get King 2.0 or Rancho 9000. I like the idea of the adjustable Ranchos, but EVO says the King 2.0 cannot be beat (for the $$ that is). I would love to ride in a Jeep with plush rides and the Kings before I buy. Probably won't happen.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I am running the Fox 2.0 EVO shocks with JKS springs. My rig feels really no different from when it was running stock suspension most of the time. The exception is when running fast on bumpy stuff or hitting big holes, they definitely take the hard hit out of it. I've ridden in a similar step with TF springs and shocks and it honestly felt like it had no suspension. Very stiff setup, and his has a hard top and full doors. I'm perfectly happy with my Fox shocks. I've had Bilstien and ProComp on other rigs as well, I would say the Fox are the best I've run so far for the kind of ride I like. Don't get me wrong, they're no Kings for sure, but that's really the only shock I would put above them too.

Top Bottom