Show me your body mounted spare tire carriers please

How easy is that tire mount to remove if you ever wanted to use the back for something?

It is just a harness bar to goes around the cargo area and up to the back seat. If you just took the tire out you gain almost all your space back but I guess it would depend on what you wanted to carry. To take the bar out it would be 12 bolts (6 on each collar).

Here is a pic with just the bar.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413842508.362121.jpg

vjusmc

I'm thinking of going with the OR Fab roto pax setup. For those of you who have that setup if there anything you don't like. I'm also concerned about rattling, is it an issue with the setup ?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you

Ah2014jk

I'm thinking of going with the OR Fab roto pax setup. For those of you who have that setup if there anything you don't like. I'm also concerned about rattling, is it an issue with the setup ?

Any input is appreciated. Thank you

I have nothing bad to say except it is very hard to put on and very time consuming. I would order new handles from rotopax ( the two piece T ) and it's way easier to tighten the cans and worth the $40. There is no issues with ANY noise or rattles at all!!

vjusmc

I have nothing bad to say except it is very hard to put on and very time consuming. I would order new handles from rotopax ( the two piece T ) and it's way easier to tighten the cans and worth the $40. There is no issues with ANY noise or rattles at all!!

What about clearance issues when coming of a high object. I ask because it seems like the tire sticks out more than most carrier.

Ah2014jk

I don't find the rotopax one to stick out that far compared to bumper mount carriers. The Jerry can one because it is fatter away from
The body. One day I'll have to
Measure mine compared to a bumper one lol

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
It is just a harness bar to goes around the cargo area and up to the back seat. If you just took the tire out you gain almost all your space back but I guess it would depend on what you wanted to carry. To take the bar out it would be 12 bolts (6 on each collar).

Here is a pic with just the bar.

View attachment 122372

Do you remember which brand harness bar is in your rig? Great setup!
Edit: I just saw in another thread your using the Rock Hard harness bar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom