show us your non JKs!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I definitely miss the Bug. It was a 58', first of the 'big windows'. Had no gas gauge, so I had to lift the 'hood', take off the gas cap, and shake the car to see how much gas I had! I didn't want to add one and ruin the original look of it. Fun though, like driving a go cart.

Over the years I've had a '63 and "late model" '73. The best thing about them was I could fix anything that broke. The '73 had a full set of studded snows that were fearless in the Colorado snow. It was our ski car. We'd load up four people, skis, all our shit for a weekend, and head into the mountains. It took us a lot longer to climb some of the passes but we never got turned back by weather. Too bad "The Thing" wasn't 4WD.:yup:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Non Jks

@ Linebacker, that's awesome. My dad had a Baja bug back in the day, always amazed me where those things are capable of going! Loved the 'thing' also, if they were 4wd Id definitely build one! Always wanted the type 166 schwimmer too. That's my problem, I just want too many vehicles!

ttfhell

Here's mine. Haven't ridden since I bought my jeep. Think I need to sell for upgrades. :) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363217682.078617.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

08H3

Here's the YJ. I had actually been looking for a go-kart to run around the farm, but found I could get an older Jeep for about the same price. 4wd, power steering, power brakes and heat were all added benefits that made me end up with the Jeep over a Go-Kart.
06.jpg

jelliott076

Yeah, I sold my non-JK. When the JK is in the shop, I'm stuck using the 'go-fasters'. What can I say, they take me where the jeep can't.

My Mom's style of camping: "Drive until the car gets stuck, hike until you find a good spot, pitch a tent facing the most beautiful view." "...essential camping gear: good shoes, your tent, a shovel and a roll of chain link (for getting the car unstuck)."
-Julie Elliott.

This last part hopefully doesn't apply to my JK, and if it does its a badass camping spot that I will photograph and post in destinations and beyond.

ForumRunner_20130318_115039.jpg

Last edited:

Rockdude

This is what I have been 4 wheeling in my whole life until I got my wrangler a year ago. Got me just about anywhere I wanted to go.

2000 jeep grand Cherokee up country

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1363634373.368508.jpg

Top Bottom