Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

Never done whole pig, is the skin like you have there what you're aiming for?
Still want to try the whole pig buried in the beach thing brute style, might have to fly to hawaii for that one though.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Never done whole pig, is the skin like you have there what you're aiming for?
Still want to try the whole pig buried in the beach thing brute style, might have to fly to hawaii for that one though.
Got a little dark at the end. Needed some more oil on the skin than I put. Should be a rich dee red color. Got a little darker than desired but you don’t eat the skin anyway so it just affects presentation.

Brute

Hooked
Got a little dark at the end. Needed some more oil on the skin than I put. Should be a rich dee red color. Got a little darker than desired but you don’t eat the skin anyway so it just affects presentation.
So...where's the pics of it chopped up?

I eat the skin of roasted suckling pigs...it's my favorite part. Is it different if you smoke it instead?...we would also eat the skin of whole pigs done in the imu, although it's been awhile since I've had it...

Leho

It’s all trial and error! Just like life. Lol. I have found fresh herbs and lemon zest really make rubs with super great flavors. I also started with cheaper cuts of meat and chickens to get use to the smoker.

Top Bottom