SNAKE EYES : A Fateful Trip Across the Fordyce Jeep Trail

bigblake

cant wait to watch it tonight after monday night football of course. This kind of entertainment needs to be watched on the big screen. Thanks for creating this for others to enjoy!!

enemec1

i watched this video two times, amazing footage. makes me wonder where to put the stereo amp to my sub. it would of drowned in that first stream crossing. :eek: looked like fun.. wish i lived in the west.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video Eddie & Cindy, love seeing new ones can wait to see more!!! Great job!!!!!!

Thanks Tony :cool:

Thanks Ed & Cindy for all the hard work you put into these videos for us to enjoy.

How long was this sitting on the shelf between filming and publishing? Moby was sporting CA plates instead of Nevada and it also looks like it was shot before Mel lost all that weight before the 2015 JKX rides. He's lost a bunch of weight I hope he's doing OK..

Mikie..

We did this run right after getting back from the Colorado JKX - that was back in 2011. Mel is fine, just wanted to lose weight and has since put a few back on being that so many people thought he was sick :crazyeyes:

Just got done watching the video! Really good, about had a tear well up in my eye towards the end haha.
Also the shot with the whole valley in the background when you guys are climbing the rocks is just perfect.
Look forward to more videos , thanks!

LOL!! Glad to hear you enjoyed it :cool:

Good Times. I bet you guys were exhausted after that one.

cant wait to watch it tonight after monday night football of course. This kind of entertainment needs to be watched on the big screen. Thanks for creating this for others to enjoy!!

Awesome, I hope you enjoy it.

Really great wheeling! It is what we do! Wayalife in it's essence! Loved it!
Coop

So glad to hear it, thanks!

i watched this video two times, amazing footage. makes me wonder where to put the stereo amp to my sub. it would of drowned in that first stream crossing. :eek: looked like fun.. wish i lived in the west.

Truth be told, if you do this with doors on, you could probably keep some of the water out. But, not all of it. It's definitely something to be concerned with if you do water crossing like this.

BradsTj

Awesome video! I love how you make us the viewer feel like we are actually there and the way you capture the moments it tells the story so well I can't wait to see what your next one is!

RubiconJohn

Snake Eyes

What a great film Eddie!!!

So glad to see Fordyce Creek get some coverage, such a great trail!!

Makes me miss Truckee, can't wait to get back!!

:rock:

2000TJDude

Hi Wol, sorry if this is a repeat question but why didn't your group just hop out at the committee bypass once you knew it was getting dark?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video! I love how you make us the viewer feel like we are actually there and the way you capture the moments it tells the story so well I can't wait to see what your next one is!

Thank you, we're so flattered to hear you say as much as that is really what we are hoping to do.

What a great film Eddie!!!

So glad to see Fordyce Creek get some coverage, such a great trail!!

Makes me miss Truckee, can't wait to get back!!

:rock:

Thank you, we love Fordyce and the whole area up here too :yup:

Hi Wol, sorry if this is a repeat question but why didn't your group just hop out at the committee bypass once you knew it was getting dark?

LOL!! What fun would that be? :crazyeyes:

For those who know me, the running joke is that I can never lead a group through a trail without getting us off of it before sundown. In fact, we NEVER do night runs - most of our runs just turn out to be one :crazyeyes:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
In fact, we NEVER do night runs - most of our runs just turn out to be one :crazyeyes:

Never say never. One of these days I will talk you into a night run up to Hunter Lake. If nothing else, the view of Reno on the way back down is cool.

Speeddmn

Great video as always, and damn you for making me dream of yet another place to visit! Dang I need either less work days or more vacation days!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Never say never. One of these days I will talk you into a night run up to Hunter Lake. If nothing else, the view of Reno on the way back down is cool.

Okay, maybe I won't say that I'd never do one on purposes. Certainly, I end up going on them whether I like it or not anyway :crazyeyes:

Love these videos. Always awesome!!

Another fantastic movie added to your already awesome collection. Thank you

Thanks guys, we're so glad that you liked it :cool:

Heard the stories, cool to see the matching footage! Have to hit that trail.

We were going to run it this year but it just didn't work out. We really need to make it happen next year.

watched twice now and I plan on watching it with my son when he gets home from school today lol :yup:

Awesome! We're relieved that people like you would be willing to watch it more than once :cool:

Another great video. Thank You.

Thanks!

Great video as always, and damn you for making me dream of yet another place to visit! Dang I need either less work days or more vacation days!

LOL!! You just need to make it happen :yup:

Yet another great video! Thanks for taking us along on the adventure! You two make it feel like we are right there with you!

We're so glad that you feel that way about our film. Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video. More like snake bit! Ok next trip I need a snorkel, more lights, a welder and a fire extinguisher.

LOL!! BTW, since you seemed to have missed it, you really DO NOT need a snorkel. As for lights, you want rock lights and not more forward facing lights - they will do NOTHING for you in the rocks other than blind your spotter. Fire extinguisher is a MUST :yup:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Already commented, but I got to thinking why is it I liked it more than most. I'm guessing from the right side body damage on Moby this was filmed shortly after the 2011 JKX. The camera work was good as usual, but the editing was 2015 better and the writing and narration has improved with time. Am I close?:idontknow:

Top Bottom