So does your wife know what you really spend on your Jeep?

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
I just dress up in brown shoes, socks, shorts and a shirt once a week and throw boxes at the front door til she invites me in, keeps things fresh and adventurous and saves on the shipping and handling, ;-))

Ha ha ha, well played Scott, well played!

pop2tu

I have an acquaintance that had a horse trailer for sale. I talked it over with my wife, her answer was only if they would take payments. They said that was fine. a few months later I told the wife I had to go to DMV to put the trailer into my name. The wife asks "you bought a trailer, when did you do that?" She did notice more money coming out of the account but didn't think anything about it.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
My wife is aware of the purchases, but not the prices. I sold one of my Gibson Les Paul guitars and now I'm selling another one, so it's not coming all from savings.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I'm wanting to get a lift put on but I'm contemplating on whether or not to sell my Gibson les Paul. If you don't mind me asking how much did u sell it for.

Ddays

Hooked
I have an acquaintance that had a horse trailer for sale. I talked it over with my wife, her answer was only if they would take payments. They said that was fine. a few months later I told the wife I had to go to DMV to put the trailer into my name. The wife asks "you bought a trailer, when did you do that?" She did notice more money coming out of the account but didn't think anything about it.

Ha, that's about the only thing I ever resisted my wife buying was a horse trailer for our horses. My kids all rode but she never did. Figured I'd have one more thing to have to keep up.
Plus I'd had to have a rig pretty much dedicated to pull the damn thing. Glad I did. Now the kids are almost moved out but I have 5 of those money eaters still hanging round. :icon_crazy:

aro

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I'm wanting to get a lift put on but I'm contemplating on whether or not to sell my Gibson les Paul. If you don't mind me asking how much did u sell it for.

$1500 for a 1994 Les Paul Classic. Now I have a 1995 Classic on Craigslist, for same money. I don't want to deal with shipping. Price is lower than on eBay or Reverb, but you still get lowballers. You just have to be patient and renew weekly your ad (and repost once in a while). It can take months sometimes.

It depends on your model. Newer ones usually go for more, although the 1990's LP's are considered by most to the best mass produced LP's, after the vintage ones. Maybe similar to the current custom shop ones. Most people don't know this, but that's a totally different discussion. I wouldn't sell it if I didn't have another two. I won't go with less than two.

Top Bottom