Soundbar speaker help

vasquez27

I have the 9 speaker alpine system in my jk 2017. The overhead speaker on the driver side is starting to make a rattling noise when there’s a certain level of bass. When I put pressure on the middle of it with my finger it goes away. Tried tightening the screws because I thought it might have been loose but I think that may have made it worse. Any suggestions?IMG_1816.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I have the 9 speaker alpine system in my jk 2017. The overhead speaker on the driver side is starting to make a rattling noise when there’s a certain level of bass. When I put pressure on the middle of it with my finger it goes away. Tried tightening the screws because I thought it might have been loose but I think that may have made it worse. Any suggestions?View attachment 352435

I haven't had those housings off. So don't know how much of a pain it is, but either something is loose or free floating in that housing. Or you blew out the woofer cone (I'm assuming it is a 2 or 3 way speaker but also not confident about that). Something loose or free floating should be somewhat easy to fix. A blown speaker means pulling the old one and finding a suitable replacement. Because it goes away when you push on the cover I'd lean towards something loose but not sure how those are packed in there. Hope this helps.

I haven't had those housings off. So don't know how much of a pain it is, but either something is loose or free floating in that housing. Or you blew out the woofer cone (I'm assuming it is a 2 or 3 way speaker but also not confident about that). Something loose or free floating should be somewhat easy to fix. A blown speaker means pulling the old one and finding a suitable replacement. Because it goes away when you push on the cover I'd lean towards something loose but not sure how those are packed in there. Hope this helps.

Shouldn’t be tough. There are three torque screws holding it in there (unless there’s something else I’m not seeing). I tried to take the weatherproof sub out once to clean it and the whole unit with the guard was impossible to take apart.

Shouldn’t be tough. There are three torque screws holding it in there (unless there’s something else I’m not seeing). I tried to take the weatherproof sub out once to clean it and the whole unit with the guard was impossible to take apart.

Don't jinx yourself! I had a bag of concrete mix leak some pebbles into my sub. Had to mute it because the rattle was so bad, until I could clean it. Ran into the same issue, I was pissed. I cranked the bass on it and used a shopvac to suck the pebbles out as the jumped up. Just an FYI! It worked.

Don't jinx yourself! I had a bag of concrete mix leak some pebbles into my sub. Had to mute it because the rattle was so bad, until I could clean it. Ran into the same issue, I was pissed. I cranked the bass on it and used a shopvac to suck the pebbles out as the jumped up. Just an FYI! It worked.

I thought about doing that! I found that if I play music loud enough, they eventually get moved out there ha

I have the 9 speaker alpine system in my jk 2017. The overhead speaker on the driver side is starting to make a rattling noise when there’s a certain level of bass. When I put pressure on the middle of it with my finger it goes away. Tried tightening the screws because I thought it might have been loose but I think that may have made it worse. Any suggestions?

Just had the same thing happen. I thought I blew the speaker but noticed the rattling went away when I pressed on the cover. I tried to tighten the cover but that made it worse too. I took the cover off and 2 out of the 3 screws were loose. Tightened them up, put the cover back on, sounds good again. :thumb:

Just had the same thing happen. I thought I blew the speaker but noticed the rattling went away when I pressed on the cover. I tried to tighten the cover but that made it worse too. I took the cover off and 2 out of the 3 screws were loose. Tightened them up, put the cover back on, sounds good again. :thumb:

This fixed it! Had one screw in there that was pretty loose. Thanks!!

Top Bottom