Spray painting metal bumper

geberhard

Douchebag
I use Rustoleum Hammered finish on pretty much anything that gets wheeled. It gives a very resistant texture, specially for bumpers, rocker guards, roll cage, corner guards, diferentials etc. Very easyto touch up as well when you get scratches etc. For mall crawling, semi gloss, go with Rustoleum "rust reformer", great smooth finish and will also resist shopping cart dings ;) On a serious note it is a greta paint for bumpers and rocker guards but not as strong as the hammered finish paint.

MSmitty

I use Rustoleum Hammered finish on pretty much anything that gets wheeled. It gives a very resistant texture, specially for bumpers, rocker guards, roll cage, corner guards, diferentials etc. Very easyto touch up as well when you get scratches etc. For mall crawling, semi gloss, go with Rustoleum "rust reformer", great smooth finish and will also resist shopping cart dings ;) On a serious note it is a greta paint for bumpers and rocker guards but not as strong as the hammered finish paint.

Yeah it took me about 8 cans to completely cover all these pieces with 3 coats. I checked them this morning and the finish looks really good after drying over night. We'll have to see how well it holds up.

Jmjnewbold

Has anyone tried to match their vehicles paint? I could see getting the clear coat and color to match perfectly being a real pain in the ass.

WJCO

Meme King
Has anyone tried to match their vehicles paint? I could see getting the clear coat and color to match perfectly being a real pain in the ass.

I haven't done a whole bumper, but I have done smaller areas. If you find your paint code, you can buy color match spray cans on ebay for about 20 bucks and I've had very good luck with those. The ones I've gotten have a gloss/clear in them.

Top Bottom