Spring feeler for trip to PA's new park.

RamP

Some of you may know about a new off road park that will be having an official opening in 2014. It's called the Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA ). I had a chance to wheel it with the 2013 Coal mountain Jeep Jamboree and it was awesome.
I'm in contact with the event coordinator of the site and he is also the head trail guide.
I'm posting this super early to see if there's any interest for a possible Easter Safari there in 2014. It's located about a half hour from Rousch creek to get an idea of the location.
Here's the site. http://www.anthraciteadventure.com/pages/
I think it could be a great destination for future meets and who knows, maybe even a stop on the JKX.
Let's see where this goes.
-Rich

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would be down for a trip to check it out even if it's wayyyyy before Easter

Sent from my iPhone

Lorenzo

My friends from the dealership went up here for the jamboree. I would def. be down for a trip before easter

RamP

You guys are anxious. I know the feeling.
The park is technically not even open yet so we would have to wait until March. But it also gives us the opportunity , with so much time to wait, to make it something big and plan accordingly.
I was also , after consulting with the wife, to schedule it for the weekend after Easter. I think it may work better for families during the holiday.

Lorenzo

You guys are anxious. I know the feeling.
The park is technically not even open yet so we would have to wait until March. But it also gives us the opportunity , with so much time to wait, to make it something big and plan accordingly.
I was also , after consulting with the wife, to schedule it for the weekend after Easter. I think it may work better for families during the holiday.

Rausch gets old. After a while. Lol

RamP

Similar trail ratings as Rousch Creek. Only with more potential land available. Trails systems have been updated, designed,and cut in over the past months. We would truly be wheeling in a park that is brand new as an "official" off road area. A lot of the trails have been there for years but the AOAA hierarchy are constantly making it better and adding obstacles.

1BAMFR

Similar trail ratings as Rousch Creek. Only with more potential land available. Trails systems have been updated, designed,and cut in over the past months. We would truly be wheeling in a park that is brand new as an "official" off road area. A lot of the trails have been there for years but the AOAA hierarchy are constantly making it better and adding obstacles.

We aren't going to be bushwackin' are we?

RamP

There are a lot of rock gardens.
EC760832-8F84-4814-BD8A-2441DA147DBC-161-00000003831BC110_zps8cd577d8.jpg

dis_dis

Banned
The rock garden is awesome over there. I tried it a couple of times with Jeep Jamboree this year. It is a great park with terrain somewhat different than RC, so it will be like a breath of fresh air, if you frequent Rausch.
Count me in.

Top Bottom