Squealing/screeching noise from under jeep

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
sounds to me more like the brakes than the ds. I agree put it on jacks. we could keep guessing all year until you can make it move without moving and really listen.

Randonizer

Just put it on jack stands. Was the dust cover. Thanks Eddie. Saved me from taking it to a shop to see what it was. Crazy something like that makes that noise.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just put it on jack stands. Was the dust cover. Thanks Eddie. Saved me from taking it to a shop to see what it was. Crazy something like that makes that noise.

Glad to hear it was something as simple as that. Doesn't take much to get it dinked out a bit and once it is, it'll squeak. Just pull it and call it a day.

TeamFaust

Thought I'd posted this question earlier from my phone but looks like it didn't post. In chasing this sequel the brake dust guards were mentioned as a potential source and it made me wonder if folks simply removed them as well and if so any cons/concerns in doing so?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thought I'd posted this question earlier from my phone but looks like it didn't post. In chasing this sequel the brake dust guards were mentioned as a potential source and it made me wonder if folks simply removed them as well and if so any cons/concerns in doing so?

I would NOT remove the dust shields. If they really are the cause of a squeak, you just need to bend them away from the rotors. But, more times than not, it'll be the brake pad guide clips rubbing against the rotors that'll be the source of the squeaking.

Top Bottom