Suspension questions

98tjsherry

Im knew to whole jeep thing, i know i ask a lot of stupid questions but i don't know much about this stuff. The suspension in my jeep rides like a brick. (Shocks that came with skyjacker lift). It feels like there is no travel what so ever. I want to get billstein 5100s but is there is anything i need to change to put those on.Eventually im gonna get different springs to but its hard to get enough money for upgrades. Also anyone have these shocks that could tell me what they think of them. Thanks Guys!

Im knew to whole jeep thing, i know i ask a lot of stupid questions but i don't know much about this stuff. The suspension in my jeep rides like a brick. (Shocks that came with skyjacker lift). It feels like there is no travel what so ever. I want to get billstein 5100s but is there is anything i need to change to put those on.Eventually im gonna get different springs to but its hard to get enough money for upgrades. Also anyone have these shocks that could tell me what they think of them. Thanks Guys!

I have had the 5100's on for about 5k miles and like them so far, there shouldn't be anything to do when it comes to swapping them, just make sure you buy the correct size for your lift

I have had the 5100's on for about 5k miles and like them so far, there shouldn't be anything to do when it comes to swapping them, just make sure you buy the correct size for your lift
I kinda figured there wasnt anything else to do but wanted to make sure. I have 6in lift so just get the ones for a 6in lift. Want to make sure i know what ones to order before i pull the trigger.

I kinda figured there wasnt anything else to do but wanted to make sure. I have 6in lift so just get the ones for a 6in lift. Want to make sure i know what ones to order before i pull the trigger.

Yeah, for example I have a 2.5 inch lift kit and got about 3 inches of lift which works with the 1.5-3.5 inch ones I bought

I have them on my WJ in the front. Love them so far. I plan on doing the rear ones too soon.

Start spraying a good penetrating oil such as aero kroil on the rear upper bolts a week or so before you change shocks. If not, there is a very good chance you will break the bolts off, and wish you had thought ahead.

Top Bottom