Suspension System advice

BlackKnight

If you are thinking of going 40"s at one point Just go directly to them, Else your paying double for what you want to get to.

JordanAycock

If you are wanting to run 37's and 40's... are you accounting for Axle upgrades? Because that would be my first concern for "serious wheeling". This is the point where you and your wallet have to keep it real.
Yeah, that's why the goal is to go 37's for now and then do all the major axle upgrade when / if I decide to go 40's. I don't wanna be that guys that goes 40's & it becomes overkill for how often I actually hit the trail. That probably would be 5 years down the road anyways..

JordanAycock

It’s really not bad to do yourself, and it gives you a very good understanding on how everything works when you need to adjust them later. It’s all bolt on, no welding needed. The only thing you will need are tall jack stands to be able to let the axle drop down far enough to make the swap. It took me around 5-6 hours to do and you can do the front and rear separately to keep the Jeep on the road if you can’t tackle it in one shot.
Did you have to do any cutting at all?

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yeah, that's why the goal is to go 37's for now and then do all the major axle upgrade when / if I decide to go 40's. I don't wanna be that guys that goes 40's & it becomes overkill for how often I actually hit the trail. That probably would be 5 years down the road anyways..

Is your Jeep a Rubicon?

TrailHunter

Hooked
No.. 2012 Sahara

That complicates things a bit then.... I'd say:

Option 1: 37's Max size
PR44 or Dana Spicer Front 44 with locker
Rear Axle shafts / Locker
EVO long Arm w/ 4" Springs
PSC Steering
Drive Shafts
Tire Carrier
Skids
Sliders

Option 2: 100% you will go to 40's
60 Axles
PSC Steering
Drive Shafts
Tire Carrier
Skids
Sliders

And if you sill got money in your pocket, swap the springs for Coil Overs

JordanAycock

That complicates things a bit then.... I'd say:

Option 1: 37's Max size
PR44 or Dana Spicer Front 44 with locker
Rear Axle shafts / Locker
PSC Steering
Drive Shafts
Tire Carrier
Skids
Sliders

Option 2: 100% you will go to 40's
60 Axles
PSC Steering
Drive Shafts
Tire Carrier
Skids
Sliders

And if you sill got money in your pocket, swap the springs for Coil Overs
If I decide to go 60 axles do I have to go dana 60? Is that like the standard or are there any good alternates that you could recommend?

TrailHunter

Hooked
If I decide to go 60 axles do I have to go dana 60? Is that like the standard or are there any good alternates that you could recommend?
I’m not an expert on 60’s but I’d be looking at Spicer or Dynatrac. And just to add to those lists is Wheels and brake upgrades.. If you were to go with option 1 you would probably stay on stock bolt patterns... but with 40’s and 60 axles it would be different.

This thread reminds me why I’m on 35’s. Lol

Last edited:

MericaMade

I’m not an expert on 60’s but I’d be looking at Spicer or Dynatrac. And just to add to those lists is Wheels and brake upgrades.. If you were to go with option 1 you would probably stay on stock bolt patterns... but with 40’s and 60 axles it would be different.

This thread reminds we why I’m on 35’s. Lol
It's a fun rabbit hole to go down. I am almost at the bottom with the others LOL.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Look into either Dana UD60s or Fusion Dana 60s. It really is a rabbit hole, but it’s cheaper to commit up front and buy once cry once. I’ve been thru multiple sets of axles and suspensions before I landed where I am at. In hindsight, I would have dove it more completely at the beginning and saved a lot of time and money regardless of being on 37s or 40s. But we are also talking about really big numbers and one thing will lead to another. For instance, if you decide to go for the UD60s, you’ll also have to plan on new 8x6.5 wheels. But if you were planning on getting new bead locks, again it’s easier doing it all at once verses buying a set of 5x5 bead locks that you would need to sell once you went to 8x6.5s.

MericaMade

This thread reminds me why I’m on 35’s. Lol
With the UD60 or Fusions you get the big breaks so that's a plus. I run UDs and been really happy with them. The Fusions are badass and great axel as well. You cant go wrong with either option.

Top Bottom