switch locations

Holeshot

Banned
Here's the link to my write-up for the ORE switch panel Eddie posted.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...)-switch-panel-install&highlight=switch+panel

The thing I really like about having these switches under the radio, is that they are easy to reach when you use driving lights, I keep my elbow on the center console and just move my hand from the shifter to the panel, no need to reach the top of the windshield. :rock: The install is very straight forward, and the guy (sorry forgot his name) gives a very good service.

noroad

Ok i really like this look but it doesnt look like this person used any housing just put them in there, how would that be done?

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 136

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok i really like this look but it doesnt look like this person used any housing just put them in there, how would that be done?

looks like they just cut a hole big enough so that the rocker can fit in like it would on a daystar switch panel.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

If you pull off the side panel of your dash, you will see that there's a lot of room right there. All you need to do is cut what you need and pop in the switches.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
ya but wouldnt it just fall out?

nope just cut it small enough so its nice and snug. also a lot of the main switch housing have clamps almost on the ends that will hold them.

also like eddie just said there is a lot of room back there for them to fit.

noroad

ok cool because i dont think that the 6 switch home they sell will fit in that spot so i just figured i would ask as this is not my area lol at all.

pvanweelden

^ you could cut the hole big enough to mount a switch plate like this. waytekwire has the mounting plate brackets- you order 2 ends pieces, and as many middle pieces to create a panel for anywhere from 1 to 100 switches.
pvw-spod1-2.jpg

Serg5000

I install my switches on a Daystar panel.
ugebudyn.jpg
ysabehen.jpg

noroad

ok sooo what is the best way to cut into this hard plastic with out messing it up??? I got my switch holder for sixs looks like she will just fit and my switches! post pics later!

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 109

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Measure how big the hole needs to be and use a puddy knife to score and cut.

Sent from my iPhone

Trace an outline of the switch you want to use. Place painters tape where you want the switches to go. Trace on the painters tape your outline. Using a untility knife make several passes on the lines while applying light to moderate pressure until you have the cut out. Another option is to use a Dremmel with a cutting bit. An example would be one used in a ROTOZIP.

Here are some pics that might help.

Bit.jpg Dremmel.jpg

noroad

cool cool thanks guys not just to be positive here on the switch there are three prongs the top is a ground #7? #2 middle is the power aka battery?? and the bottom on #3 is the lights??

cool cool thanks guys not just to be positive here on the switch there are three prongs the top is a ground #7? #2 middle is the power aka battery?? and the bottom on #3 is the lights??

You should have a brass prong which is the ground, I ran mine to the fatory ground. There should be two silver prongs. The middle goes out to your accessory. The outer prong is for 12v constant. When I wired all my switches I ran the ground and 12v constant in series. By doing this it reduces the number of wires you have to run.

R/
Will

pvanweelden

Are you not using a relay? Yes switch pins are top- ground (pin 7), middle- power in, bottom- switch out (relay input or connect to positive on accessory)

His switches are different than yours Will.
Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

noroad

ok i thought the top was ground (no brass) and the bottom was lights and middle being battery power! i have no idea!

Attachments

• sw2.jpg
    sw2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 96
  • sw3.jpg
    sw3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom