TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hopefully there's a guarantee on the box.

View attachment 231908

Well, technically, if there is a failure and then someone dies because of it, you have the Erin Brockovitch effect......you don't go after Teraflex for the break, you go after the big cahuna, Chrysler. So the guarantee is the nice lawsuit someone will have, and you can rest assured this thread at some point will be used as evidence, that it's not a rare occurrence and that it's a problem. They can never claim they didn't know.

gheller

Damn. I got the HD swing gate option in my 2017 Willys and it is the Teraflex unit so I'm going to keep an eye on it. Ive got a 33" spare on it but may go to 35" when these expire.

If I do go 35 Chrysler should still be liable since it is meant for "oversized" tires. That pretty much covers may any size. I would think that Chrysler looked into this good and hard before making this a factory option.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

Holy fuck it's an $895 option! Doesn't it retail for $750 or.

Yeah, but being it's already installed and comes with a Factory warranty it's probably worth the few extra coin.
If mine gives up, I'll be able to go to Chrysler for my claims. Still, it's not cool that it looks to be a poor product.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom