Teraflex lift = INSTALLED

ouroborus2012

Got the ole' Teraflex 2.5 inch lift installed... Took about 6 hours.. Could have done it in 4-5 hours if I had all of the tools needed right beside me... Also had an incident where my stock jack literally EXPLODED while it was holding my rear axle up. Thankfully I had some jack stands holding the frame. That being said, it sounded like a shotgun went off and I definitely pooped in my underwear a little. :thinking:

At the end of the day though, DANG it looks awesome and boy does it ride better! Amazed at the comfort of the ride compared to stock! :driving:

jeepliftbrokeapart.jpgjeeplift.jpg

Got the ole' Teraflex 2.5 inch lift installed... Took about 6 hours.. Could have done it in 4-5 hours if I had all of the tools needed right beside me... Also had an incident where my stock jack literally EXPLODED while it was holding my rear axle up. Thankfully I had some jack stands holding the frame. That being said, it sounded like a shotgun went off and I definitely pooped in my underwear a little. :thinking:

At the end of the day though, DANG it looks awesome and boy does it ride better! Amazed at the comfort of the ride compared to stock! :driving:

View attachment 82201View attachment 82200

Looks great! :yup::thumb: Did you do the coil's and shocks? or spacer with new shocks?:beer::standing wave:

Thanks to all.... It's a full suspension.. Shocks and springs. WAAAAAY better ride than stock, no doubt about it.

As for the jack stands... i had 4 total in use, but needed the jack to raise/lower my axle to get the spring out. OR SO I THOUGHT... After that SOB blew up, I got smart and used the floor jack on the diff and lowered the whole shabang which made it much easier.

It was definitely a testament of what NOT to do :thumb: ... That being said, it shouldn't have blown up just holding the weight of the axle alone :thinking: ... Anyway, nobody was hurt and carnage equals a new hi-lift jack for this guy! :rock:

Glad no one was hurt, save your money, skip the hi lift before someone does get hurt, get a 6 ton bottle jack for keeping in the jeep instead of the scissor jack. :thumb:

nice looking jeep, good job on the lift install

Glad no one was hurt, save your money, skip the hi lift before someone does get hurt, get a 6 ton bottle jack for keeping in the jeep instead of the scissor jack. :thumb:

nice looking jeep, good job on the lift install

Thanks... That bottle jack looks awesome, and cheap too! I like that idea!:thumb:

I also understand why folks put the tires under the frame rails when working under the rig. Floor jack, jack stands and wheel/tire. Three preventative measures to not crushing ones skull. And a bottle jack over the hi-lift when on the trail. :yup:

Unless you are highly skilled like Mel Wade, when he busted out the hi lift at KOH to get EVO TJ out of the rocks. :crazyeyes:

I also understand why folks put the tires under the frame rails when working under the rig. Floor jack, jack stands and wheel/tire. Three preventative measures to not crushing ones skull. And a bottle jack over the hi-lift when on the trail. :yup:

Unless you are highly skilled like Mel Wade, when he busted out the hi lift at KOH to get EVO TJ out of the rocks. :crazyeyes:

Definitely!

So, is it a general consensus that a bottle jack is the better option?? This is honestly the first I've heard of using one for the Jeep. I definitely like the idea and may go that route!

I also understand why folks put the tires under the frame rails when working under the rig. Floor jack, jack stands and wheel/tire. Three preventative measures to not crushing ones skull.

Panda can tell you how much of a safety freak I am when working on a vehicle. :crazyeyes:

My pops taught me early...safety measures + not being a dumbass = long healthy life!

Understand safety using the correct tool for the job. I have been using a high lift jack for years and only use it in worst case scenario. But never thought of carrying a bottle jack.

Last edited:
Understand safety using the correct tool for the job. I have been using a high lift jack for years and only use it in worst case scenario. But never thought of carrying a bottle jack.

a bottle jack or a bottle of jack? :beer: Either way, you're winning!

Top Bottom