Teraflop front bumper rebuild

I've had this Teraflop front bumper for a few years now. I bought it because I liked that my winch would sit low, down in between the frame to not restrict airflow and I could keep my "fog" lights. The powder coating has "powdered"- gone white and looks faded. I want to run a stinger and thought why not rebuild it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410586797.971291.jpg
I like the purpose of the stinger but am adding a "loop" to protect the top ends of the radiator (hopefully the whole radiator) as well as the stinger. How many others have had this concern or have wanted this with the other features they got with their bumper?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410586943.456189.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410586954.913302.jpg
Oh ya, and one of the things I am most excited about is cutting out the Teraflop logo!!!!

GCM 2

I ran the same TF front bumper for a few years, and I actually like it a lot, ended up passing it on to another forum member here when I went to the EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger. But your idea of adding the stinger and hoop is really pretty cool and looks great. It is a lot like the GenRight bumper that has those same features. Very nice work :thumb:

Awesome, you goin to gusset the stinger and hoop?

Yep. These were just the shots so far. I was excited to see it this far. I wish I could take the credit for the tube work and fabrication but I am having it done in a local shop. I'll post more pictures when it's done and powder coated.

I ran the same TF front bumper for a few years, and I actually like it a lot, ended up passing it on to another forum member here when I went to the EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger. But your idea of adding the stinger and hoop is really pretty cool and looks great. It is a lot like the GenRight bumper that has those same features. Very nice work :thumb:

I thought I remember seeing pictures of one on your rig. Glad to hear it went to a good home.

I searched a lot of designs in the thought process and yes liked the GenRight design. Obviously it is not my idea and will give all the credit to their look.

I am not doing the fab work, I'm leaving that to a skilled shop. My welds don't turn out that Purdy and want to rely on it for function and not looks. Thanks, I'll post up more pictures along the way!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Nice that's gonna look good, and its cool to make it your own, even if its inspired by something on the market already :thumb:

I really need to learn to weld...

Me too! I upgraded last year to EVO bolt on coilovers. I added their DD long arm upgrade kit at the same time. I had done some welding(stick) when I was a kid with my dad and brothers, but hadn't picked anything up for 20+ years. I broke down and bought a Lincoln 140 and did the install and reinforced it all the bolt on with welds from the 140. It's been fun to come up with other projects along the way! I was going to tackle this job too but just happened to see a guy on a one of our local FB pages offering to do Powdercoating for basically cost. I had wanted my bumper redone and for $125, I had to jump quick.... Long story short, when I dropped it off to him I told him what I really wanted to do and he said he could do it all for 250! No brainier......

Nice that's gonna look good, and its cool to make it your own, even if its inspired by something on the market already :thumb:

Totally agree!!! Some may say I am a fan boy for EVO but I really love their products!!! What I will never be is a Teraflop fan boy..... Personal experiences. I hope this one turns out as good as I have seen it in my head for a couple months.

Very cool! Looks good man! Can't wait to see what it looks like finished on your rig

Thanks.... I know it's a little thing but I think I'm most excited to cut that Damn Teraflop logo off! Since some really crappy CS(twice actually) with them and how they responded to my dad's issue with his "what if" scenario, I have done everything I can to get rid of their cheap a$& crap off my Jeep. This is the last part I have and will never have another!!!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks.... I know it's a little thing but I think I'm most excited to cut that Damn Teraflop logo off! Since some really crappy CS(twice actually) with them and how they responded to my dad's issue with his "what if" scenario, I have done everything I can to get rid of their cheap a$& crap off my Jeep. This is the last part I have and will never have another!!!!!

LOL! Yea I would be really excited about that as well. I am slowly trying to get rid of my teraflex lift. Can't wait till I do and get some plush rides

Top Bottom