Terflex Dual rated manual sway bar

MickyT

Hi

I am fitting this to my jeep along with a teraflex 4" with monster adjustable arms.
Has anybody got any feedback on the sway bar setup? Is it worth it for the money?
How would I get the sway bar light off on my jeep it does not seem that Flashpac has the ability
would I have extra throw down from that sway bar compared to stock

What are your thoughts on the suspension kit all the hardware seems of high quality and it seemed like a nice upgrade from my 3.5 AEV. For one the axels will move back to where they should be

I would like some comments on people that either uses the kit or have any input to give good or bad. Unfortunately the trigger has been pulled so not much to do about that but there might be pitfalls to consider that you might be able to help me with

I had after market driveshaft on my AEV kit would I need to further upgrade that would it be to short in your opinion?

Lots of questions I know but I thought I would whack all out at once

We are not really spoiled for choice in SA so we really rely on our suppliers knowledge and whatever we can find online

Desertman

I fitted the kit last week. The front springs were short and needed a spacer. The springs feel a bit hard but I only made a short trip offroad and need to adjust the damping on my shocks further.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

KYRubi

You're not going to find much love for Teraflex around here, but some of us are running their stuff with good results. I'm running their 4" long arm lift, track bars, control arms, and the Fox remote reservoir shocks tuned for their springs, and ran their 2.5" lift before that.

Since you are going from the AEV 3.5" to a Teraflex 4", I hope you have a heavy Jeep. Unless you have added a lot of weight, the Teraflex will not ride nearly as well as the AEV. If it is the long arm lift, I hope you have an incredibly talented welder, and still recommend checking your welds before and after each trip. Also, keep an eye on your drive shafts. My front drive shaft is starting to show signs of wear and it was installed with the lift 1.5 years ago.

I am still using the factory Rubicon disconnect, but I was riding shotgun in a Rubicon with the Teraflex front dual rate swaybar last Saturday while I was being a cameraman for the day. It definitely helped make off camber situations have less pucker factor. However, after a few hours of moderate wheeling, we had to work on it since the links had almost completely worked their way out on both sides.

WJCO

Meme King
You're not going to find much love for Teraflex around here, but some of us are running their stuff with good results.......... I hope you have an incredibly talented welder, and still recommend checking your welds before and after each trip. ....... However, after a few hours of moderate wheeling, we had to work on it since the links had almost completely worked their way out on both sides.

:thinking: So where's the good results you speak of? I'm confused.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
KYRubi said:
You're not going to find much love for Teraflex around here

Because some of us have personally seen and experienced first hand just how awesome their products are over the last 20 years.

attachment.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break

main.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?5169-TeraFlex-Front-Track-Bar-Breaks

attachment.php

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4740-TeraFlex-Hinged-Tire-Carrier-Break

You just can't make this shit up.

KYRubi

Because some of us have personally seen and experienced first hand just how awesome their products are over the last 20 years.

Yep. That's why I was trying to warn him that there can be problems and why Teraflex isn't popular around here. I've had good luck and love my Jeep, but I would build the suspension differently if I knew what I know now when I started.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It isn't exactly inexpensive, either. I can understand someone like Desertman running it, because he may have difficulty obtaining other parts, not living in the States, but I'm glad I didn't fall for the marketing hype.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rubicon310

I fell for their marketing hype. :(

Knowing what I know now, I would of gone with another company. Not to mention their springs are stiff. I'll be swapping out the suspension after I tackle the axles, gears and armor.

MickyT

wow.......this is shocking. so let me just get this straight all this from normal wheeling or serious off-road banning and bashing. I had no issues with my tire carrier thus far and all their stuff looked really nice and well made.
I am fitting a normal short arm kit. I am a bit shocked and will defiantly keep a look out for these issues. I never saw any of these pics when I did my recon and I read many happy clients testimonials so I never really thought anything of it.

Just a note the AEV kit was rather a hard ride I actually thought when driving in a mate of mine's jeep with a 3" terra kit that the ride was a bit softer......

How long ago di you experience these issues? is it possible that they might have fixed some of the problems they have had with the newer kits?

MickyT

just another question how many of these breakages has been experienced?
I mean how many more unhappy clients are there?

WJCO

Meme King
wow.......this is shocking. so let me just get this straight all this from normal wheeling or serious off-road banning and bashing. I had no issues with my tire carrier thus far and all their stuff looked really nice and well made.
I am fitting a normal short arm kit. I am a bit shocked and will defiantly keep a look out for these issues. I never saw any of these pics when I did my recon and I read many happy clients testimonials so I never really thought anything of it.

Just a note the AEV kit was rather a hard ride I actually thought when driving in a mate of mine's jeep with a 3" terra kit that the ride was a bit softer......

How long ago di you experience these issues? is it possible that they might have fixed some of the problems they have had with the newer kits?

just another question how many of these breakages has been experienced?
I mean how many more unhappy clients are there?

Lots of people run shit quality products and never have a problem. I've done it myself. Still doesn't change the fact that the product is a piece of shit. With that being said, if you know something is a piece of shit, do you want to risk putting it on your Jeep?

Maybe if they throw a 'Guarentee' sticker on it, it will make people feel more cozy.

tommyboy4.jpg

MickyT

to late either way the money was spend and fitment was on the way when I made the post. It was more information that I required and I was never expecting the feedback I got though.
At least I can have a look out for what might be expected

WJCO

Meme King
to late either way the money was spend and fitment was on the way when I made the post. It was more information that I required and I was never expecting the feedback I got though.

And hopefully you won't have any issues with their parts.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
wow.......this is shocking. so let me just get this straight all this from normal wheeling or serious off-road banning and bashing.

I don't know what constitutes "serious off-road banning and bashing" to you but to me, all the breaks I've seen have ALL occurred with "normal wheeling". This would include all the blown out bushings I've seen and continue to see with all their control arms, this would include all the track bar breaks I've seen, this would include the tire carrier breaks I've seen and this would include all the long arm bracket breaks I've seen including the one that broke on TeraFlex's own Jeep. If you took the time to read through the thread links I posted up, you would know that I am not the only one who's seen or had the misfortune of experiencing these problems first hand. But hey, you're free to believe whatever it is you want to believe.

I had no issues with my tire carrier thus far and all their stuff looked really nice and well made.

Good for you! With any luck, it will stay issue free for the sake of others driving behind you if nothing else.

Clearly, you didn't do a very good job of recon and certainly, none of it was done here. As far as "happy client testimonials" go, all I can say is that I don't know too many people who talk poorly about products they've chosen to spend thousands of dollars on. To do so would mean they would have to admit they've made a mistake.

:yawn37: I've personally tested both and couldn't say I could tell a difference - BOTH had a terrible hard ride. If you think what you have now is "a bit softer", more power to you.

To be clear, it's not just me who's seen and or personally experienced these issues. TeraFlex has a long history of poor quality products that are made in China and one that go back in to the TJ days. But, if it'll help you to sleep better at night, you tell yourself that they've fixed their problems. ;)

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

That's cool. I'm not going to tell you to replace something you've already purchased. Just keep an eye on it.

Amrth

To be clear, it's not just me who's seen and or personally experienced these issues. TeraFlex has a long history of poor quality products that are made in China and one that go back in to the TJ days. But, if it'll help you to sleep better at night, you tell yourself that they've fixed their problems. ;)

I've heard the same from a couple of our group members. I ain't sleeping better because I've their tire carrier :yawn37: Someday when my bank account swells, will replace it to Evo's..

MickyT

I don't know what constitutes "serious off-road banning and bashing" to you but to me, all the breaks I've seen have ALL occurred with "normal wheeling". This would include all the blown out bushings I've seen and continue to see with all their control arms, this would include all the track bar breaks I've seen, this would include the tire carrier breaks I've seen and this would include all the long arm bracket breaks I've seen including the one that broke on TeraFlex's own Jeep. If you took the time to read through the thread links I posted up, you would know that I am not the only one who's seen or had the misfortune of experiencing these problems first hand. But hey, you're free to believe whatever it is you want to believe.

Good for you! With any luck, it will stay issue free for the sake of others driving behind you if nothing else.

Clearly, you didn't do a very good job of recon and certainly, none of it was done here. As far as "happy client testimonials" go, all I can say is that I don't know too many people who talk poorly about products they've chosen to spend thousands of dollars on. To do so would mean they would have to admit they've made a mistake.

:yawn37: I've personally tested both and couldn't say I could tell a difference - BOTH had a terrible hard ride. If you think what you have now is "a bit softer", more power to you.

Holy crap but you really can be anal on your replies. I never questioned anything you said or called you a liar I asked a simple question if you want to try and degrade me in the process because I have already spent my money I must say I am slowly losing respect for you. all that from your last post. I really think you responded in bad taste but hey your forum you do what you want.
I really tried to post my responses respectfully and not be cocky about it but my word can you really be that holy that you respond like that. sure I was hoping to get a response like the last breaks were a few years back so then possibly they could have fixed their stuff but a simple no these are recent breaks would have been good enough.

I actually get a very bad taste in my mouth when I get responses from keyboard ninjas and like this. No flippen manners

Top Bottom