Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Trek: October 2nd-3rd

Sithwindu

I've been kicking this around since Napalm posted the trip. I have several noob questions since I've never been on a trip like this anywhere for wheeling with the family. (6 of us with kiddos 3, 7, 9 & 14) We do enjoy the outdoors but haven't been camping in years with little kids. Please shoot it to me straight as this would be 7+ hours driving for us one way.

First off is my ride. "13 JKU (w/3rd row seat for all 6 of us & RH4x4 3rd row cage addition), 18/59 Rubi springs and small spacer lift, 255/80r17 (33") BFG KM2's, both diffs are open, auto trans, recovery gear w/o winch, Rubi rails and Viair 400P. In the next month or so I'm adding the Protek skids, LCA skids and D30 C gussets. I would need to pull my 5x8 cargo trailer (non-off road) to carry camping gear/food/drinks. Alternately, we could secure a few sets of doors inside during the stay, if this all works out.

View attachment 152965

View attachment 152966

View attachment 152967

Next up is camping/weather. Is the plan to camp at the park itself or at a nearby campground? Anyone else bringing kids? If I'm the only one bringing kids, would that be a killjoy? I see a couple posts referencing "if the weather is good". I realize no one can predict what the weather will do, is there a backup lodging place nearby? I am not familiar with much of Texas as a 2 year, new resident living and working in the Big Bend area.

I'm trying to make sense of the fees too. So entrance into the park and camping Friday/Saturday nights would be $140? Driver $85, adult passenger $25, 3 kids $30, 3 year old is free. Do I have that right? Then I see another set of camping fees below that. Is that in addition to the fees listed above?

View attachment 152968

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. Please straighten me out if I'm off on something! I don't like being unprepared or "that guy". Thanks in advance.

The city of marble falls Texas is a quick 5 min dive into town from the park. There's plenty of amenities if you choose not to stay at the prk, holiday inns, la Quinta, and other hotels near by and close.

There is 2 camping areas a and b,
Camp site a is basically the Rv site with power connecetion

Camp site be has cabins and primitive camping, with a air condition restroom with showers in the center. I prefer campsit B. You should be fine with what you got, as there is a bypass for just about all the trails. But you will need at least rubi rails or some kinda rock slider. The weather changes the prk ALOT! So some obstacles will be easy or hard depending but I garuntee you and the kiddos will have a good time!! Oh and depending on weather again, it's more than likely gonna get REAL dusty lol

USMC Wrangler

The city of marble falls Texas is a quick 5 min dive into town from the park. There's plenty of amenities if you choose not to stay at the prk, holiday inns, la Quinta, and other hotels near by and close.

There is 2 camping areas a and b,
Camp site a is basically the Rv site with power connecetion

Camp site be has cabins and primitive camping, with a air condition restroom with showers in the center. I prefer campsit B. You should be fine with what you got, as there is a bypass for just about all the trails. But you will need at least rubi rails or some kinda rock slider. The weather changes the prk ALOT! So some obstacles will be easy or hard depending but I garuntee you and the kiddos will have a good time!! Oh and depending on weather again, it's more than likely gonna get REAL dusty lol

I definitely want to camp with the group. My wife is on the shy side, but in my mind going on these trips is about the wheeling AND socializing.

I do have Rubi rails.

Can you or someone clarify if my estimate of the fees are right?

Zstairlessone

Bronco buster was the craziest I went through....tight trail down a ditch that seemed to never end dde00
crazy is right, wait until you try it at a little speed in a razor :eek:

Saw some good looking JKs, YJs, and TJs when I was out there a couple of months ago, I can see where some rain would change the difficulty.

Angry Aussie

I may make it out for this trip. I'm in Austin and would only come wheel Saturday and head home that night.
Last time I was at hf with some other wayalife members and last picture is my rig.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436582333.282069.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436582365.395199.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436582396.988768.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436582422.494775.jpg

lmaya

Agreed on the dust...hidden falls had always been very dry when I went.

As for kids...I have two 9yr girls and we always go wheeling as a family so I am definitely bringing my kids too.

Jeeping is a fun hobby for our family and I encourage you to make it a hobby with yours as well.

For the technical climbs I go solo.....just in case (seat belts aren't rated for a roll down a rocky hill :)

I love this pic....one of my girls is very adventurous and loves thrill rides while the other is a complete diva

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436586458.931815.jpg

USMC Wrangler

Put us down as a definite! :yup: Me, Mrs. USMC and the fireteam (all 4 kids) will be coming. We plan to arrive Fri afternoon, set up camp, hopefully meet for dinner and definitely do breakfast Sat morning with everyone. We will need to hit the road to home Sunday morning for that 7 hour return trip.

64.jpg

battle born.jpg

Last edited:

Napalm

Put us down as a definite! :yup: Me, Mrs. USMC and the fireteam (all 4 kids) will be coming. We plan to arrive Fri afternoon, set up camp, hopefully meet for dinner and definitely do breakfast Sat morning with everyone. We will need to hit the road to home Sunday morning for that 7 hour return trip.

View attachment 153158

Will do! Sorry, I've been on Vacation and haven't been able to update this thread much.

Napalm

Sorry guys that I haven't been able to update this thread much. I've been on vacation in Florida.

I think I've convinced the wife to camp Friday night with everyone!!!

Do I need to reserve a campsite ?

USMC Wrangler

Sorry guys that I haven't been able to update this thread much. I've been on vacation in Florida.

No worries.

I think I've convinced the wife to camp Friday night with everyone!!!

Do I need to reserve a campsite?

This is a good question. I volunteer to call next week if we don't get an answer in a couple days. Sithwindu mentioned camping at Site B to be close to showers and a restroom. That's my preference with all the kiddos.

Speaking of dust, make sure you and your family are FULLY equipped with Chapstick, trust me! Lol

LOL! We do a lot of hiking down here in the dry heat, so we are well equipped with that necessity! So, I'll need to get everyone goggles to run with my trail doors, is what you are saying right? :cheesy:

tdougherty81

Can we do a group reservation or do individual reservations? I was planning on calling in a reservation sometime next week.

Sithwindu

Can we do a group reservation or do individual reservations? I was planning on calling in a reservation sometime next week.

only reservations they take are for cabins I believe, you can camp anywhere at the campsites, just find a spot and make it your own!! Plenty of room. They are pretty big campsites.

Sithwindu

Can't seem to find any good pics for reference but here is 2 seperate trips, one at a cabin we rented and one just tent/jeep camping ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436635944.973584.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436635965.936033.jpg

Napalm

We (wife and GSD) will camp, prefer B also. Friday and Saturday nights if that is the plan.

only reservations they take are for cabins I believe, you can camp anywhere at the campsites, just find a spot and make it your own!! Plenty of room. They are pretty big campsites.

Can't seem to find any good pics for reference but here is 2 seperate trips, one at a cabin we rented and one just tent/jeep camping View attachment 153193

View attachment 153194

You, sir, seem to be correct...unless someone is bringing a RV.

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/#!park-fees/c1x9v

Once my vacation slows down, I'll update the first post of this thread with revised plans so we can all meet somewhere and travel together for camp to set up.

So stay on the lookout!!

iRonin

Count me in :) Hidden Falls is my playground so if you have an questions about the park I can probably answer em (I can also help spot when we're there)

Photo Jul 05, 12 50 45 AM.jpg

I may also have another Wayalife buddy that might be down to come, but I don't think he's very active on the forum so he may just not know about it yet. I'll let him know.

Napalm

Count me in :) Hidden Falls is my playground so if you have an questions about the park I can probably answer em (I can also help spot when we're there)

View attachment 153195

I may also have another Wayalife buddy that might be down to come, but I don't think he's very active on the forum so he may just not know about it yet. I'll let him know.

Awesome!! Excited to have someone with some HF experience that can help out. I've seen Videos of your rig on hidden falls and I've got to say, it's one of the reasons I picked this park. Will you be camping with us?

Got the go ahead from the Mrs., so count us in!

Awesome Kumar! Do you have a picture your JK? And will you be camping?

Top Bottom