The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Lets do it. I have a thread asking how others did it.

Heres the thread:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38280-Pinch-seem-trimming

Im thinking something like this will give the best result? but am not really sure yet. I need to trim the rear of the rear pinch seem, and might as well go all the way around so I wont have any problems if I end up on 40's some day :yup:

View attachment 213356

View attachment 213357

I have a jigsaw :idontknow:

Did he cut little slits and then bang it with a hammer?? What would you do after that? Cut the excess?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I have a jigsaw :idontknow:

Did he cut little slits and then bang it with a hammer?? What would you do after that? Cut the excess?

Yep, cut little slits up to the pinch seem, fold it over with a rubber mallet, then clean up the edges with some sandpaper and touch up the paint... I think? :idontknow:

Yep, cut little slits up to the pinch seem, fold it over with a rubber mallet, then clean up the edges with some sandpaper and touch up the paint... I think? :idontknow:

Yea that's the best/cleanest video I've seen, that one from MC. I don't have any of the tools though...but can pick up whatever is necessary.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Yea that's the best/cleanest video I've seen, that one from MC. I don't have any of the tools though...but can pick up whatever is necessary.

I have a rubber mallet, but I do all of my "home" metal cutting with a dremel... an angle grinder with a cut off wheel, and a handfull of grinding disks would be ideal for this I think. Im not sure. Hoping more info comes to this thread HERE (Link to Thread)

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Finally. You guys been stinkin up this thread all morning with this pinch seam nonsense. Let me do it. I promise you'll have plenty of clearance when it's over. Even for 40's.

for the record, that was the SECOND time ;)

Day trip to Austin it is :)

IDK... Bubba has been wanting to drill holes in my jeep for a while now... might have to steer clear :crazyeyes: :eek:
(Kidding about steering clear... not about his desire to cut metal on jeeps)

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Day trip to Austin it is :)

Hell yes. My wife told me this morning I needed to relax and to go out to Hidden Falls one day this week. I'll meet you here at the house at 8 for a quick trim and then we can go op-check it.

EDIT: They are only open Thursday through Sunday so look like its gonna be Thursday [emoji6]

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

IDK... Bubba has been wanting to drill holes in my jeep for a while now... might have to steer clear :crazyeyes: :eek:

Don't worry man, I installed the EVO sides AND corners on my buddies rig a few weeks ago and we did it all in one day. I'm good for awhile.

Exodus 4x4

Bumping this for some of the new peeps that may not have seen it yet. Haven't nailed down a solid date yet but I'm still leaning towards late September or early October.

The Kraken

Looks like a great trip, won't be able to make it but if y'all have one next year definitely wanna go next year! Have fun!

Top Bottom