The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

Do we have dates nailed down for this yet? I skimmed and didn't see a for sure 100% yet. If not, we need to nail this down sooner rather than later as Ouray and Telluride fill up fast for the summer and fall.

September 21st - 24th is when the group will be in CO. My wife and I are planning on getting there a day early (20th and checking out 24th), because we have a wedding to be at on the east coast the following weekend. I just checked Ouray KOA and it seems that they have availability at their sites for the dates we're looking at.

Has anyone from the TX crew started booking their reservations yet? I'd like to get our locked down this week if possible. :rock:

Jackal01

September 21st - 24th is when the group will be in CO. My wife and I are planning on getting there a day early (20th and checking out 24th), because we have a wedding to be at on the east coast the following weekend. I just checked Ouray KOA and it seems that they have availability at their sites for the dates we're looking at.

Has anyone from the TX crew started booking their reservations yet? I'd like to get our locked down this week if possible. :rock:

Funny you posted this, I was actually JUST talking to Ash about that this morning.
I think Charlie is the only one who's booked already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I believe Bubba, Tom and myself (now today Mike) are booked for KOA Ouray and Moab. I think there is a post in this thread but tell them "wayalife" and theyll put you in the area of "mr. charlie" (for ouray). :crazyeyes: I booked back in Sept.

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Has anyone reserved a condo/motel/hotel for Moab yet?
Still not sure what i want to do for Moab...
Really wanna do what Bubba was talking about for the condo to be able to put the tops and doors in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I live in CA, this sounds like an awesome trip. I am envious. You guys area going to have a great time. I cannot wait for the pictures.

Really wanna do what Bubba was talking about for the condo to be able to put the tops and doors in the garage.

We're heading back to Houston the morning you guys are headed to Moab. Have to get home and ready to fly to a wedding on the East coast later that week. :grayno:

Exodus 4x4

I have Ouray locked down but still need to reserve KOA in Albuquerque for the drive up and something on the way back.

More than likely I'll have a condo and people are welcome to store stuff there, but I doubt it'll accommodate everyone.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I live in CA, this sounds like an awesome trip. I am envious. You guys area going to have a great time. I cannot wait for the pictures.
Hopefully, a ton of pictures shall be taken.
We're heading back to Houston the morning you guys are headed to Moab. Have to get home and ready to fly to a wedding on the East coast later that week. :grayno:
Hell, im glad you're at least gonna be able to make it to Colorado part! Half is better than nada lol
I have Ouray locked down but still need to reserve KOA in Albuquerque for the drive up and something on the way back.

More than likely I'll have a condo and people are welcome to store stuff there, but I doubt it'll accommodate everyone.

Damn i forgot all about booking for NM lol
I was probably gonna grab all the reservations (or at least for Ouray) by the end of this week and figure out what im gonna end up doing for Moab.

I was actually thinking of staying an extra 2 days to travel down to the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. Since we'd already be in the vicinity, might as well take advantage :thumb:

Hawkeye11

Subscribed. Looking forward to following the thread and tagging along one of these days. I don't have the driving experience or the Rubi built just yet, but I'm working on it. Have fun and stay safe! We'll be watching.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Might want to check out the trail hero run in Hurricane UT. I went last year and had fun even in my stock fj80 land cruiser. Count me in on this trip as well.

As cool as that run sounds, doubt I'd be able to make that so close after doing the Exodus trip.

GraniteCrystal

I'm booking places in Moab and Ouray. Moab is a 4 bedroom house. We'll only need 2 of those bedrooms. PM me if anyone wants to go in on it with us and save some money. Must like kids :) We'll have our two with us.

Also, our place in Moab is here (see map below) . Lots of townhouses to rent in the neighborhood and near the Moab KOA. If others want to be neighbors :)

Screenshot_20170106-234417.png

There are much fewer options in Ouray. Our place is closer to the actual town than it is to the KOA which is farther north.

Lastly, Airbnb doesn't refund you their booking fee but VRBO does. Since we aren't 100% sure yet, I booked places on VRBO that will allow me to cancel up to 30 days out and refund me everything including the booking fee. Hope that helps someone else.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Jackal01

KOA Albuquerque booked for day one, 9/21. There are only 4 single room cabins and 6 double room cabins. All pet friendly. Put "wayalife" in the comments and they may group us even though the cabins already close and just a handful. It may not matter really.

Top Bottom