The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Went out to Cougar Buttes yesterday and had a blast with dillard09 and jeepjeep79.

Told Jake I wanted to be introduced to some beginner style rock crawling since I have never done that type before. If this was introductory status to him then I need alot more practice before going to bigger things with him!!! Man was it insane, but so much fun!!

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7226.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7255.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

More photos to come when I get the rest from my co pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
A few thoughts and needs after the first run with my new jeep

-Need longer bump stops!!! The springs popped a few times from being over compressed and I was rubbing my fenders.
IMG_7578.jpg

-Need rubicon sway bar. I was that guy having to zip tie my links up.

-want/need EVO rock sliders. The rubicon ones did really well and took a couple good hits! But would prefer EVOs!
IMG_7264.jpg

-Hydro assist would be amazing! Especially after watching the difference dilards09 had turning compared to me. However this is down the road from the next big upgrade.

-need stronger axles. Had very little confidence going into the rocks with the D30.

SPOILER ALERT!

I am getting a ProRock 44 and ProRock semi float 60 from another form member. Just waiting for THE call to pick them up from ORE!!!:)

sc_rhino

I'm hoping my co pilot did. ill be getting the pictures this week and I will see. I left my phone in the jeep up the hill so I didn't have anything to take a picture with:sigh:

This happens to me all of the time. Once I'm in the moment I always forget to take pictures.

JeepJeep75

It was pretty impressive watching Jake finish that obstacle with a blown tire. I had my phone on me but wasn't even thinking of pictures watching his rig continue through with a floppy tire. Really though, it was the only thing he could do was get through it. It would've been nutty trying to change his tire up on that obstacle.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
This happens to me all of the time. Once I'm in the moment I always forget to take pictures.

totally! and I was totally just impressed with his driving abilities on 3 inflated tires. didn't skip a beat when he lost all the air! :rock:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
It was pretty impressive watching Jake finish that obstacle with a blown tire. I had my phone on me but wasn't even thinking of pictures watching his rig continue through with a floppy tire. Really though, it was the only thing he could do was get through it. It would've been nutty trying to change his tire up on that obstacle.

exactly! I was hard enough trying to change it on level surface with the DTD. we had to get a 2.5" strap to hold the axle from flexing so we could get it high enough to switch out. lucky you had that in your trail kit!:thumb:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
so with the PR60 coming later this month (but probably not until the first week of April) I will need to order a 1350 rear drive shaft because of the larger pumpkins. anyone currently running this set up on an unlimited that can tell me their rear drive shaft length? I know I know I should measure it myself when its all installed and then order it..... but there is a probable to that-

I am doing the install over a weekend and the girl doesn't know its going to be a full axle swap... actually she doesn't even know about the axles. actually, she doesn't even know about the install party:doh::cheesy: oh well :D also I can't let the jeep just sit at Geoff or Jake's house while the drive shaft is on order. thats just not very friendly like and leaves me without a jeep

anyway, I figured there are enough people running this set up on an unlimited that there has to be a consistency between the drive shaft lengths? to include so there is no confusion; although this is semi float it is the Pro Rock 60 housing.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Over a 3 month wait had finally come to an end!!! My exhaust showed up today!

IMG_7647.jpg

Though I have real life work to take care of that can wait since I waited so long for this! So I got it installed tonight.
IMG_7648.jpg

The stock exhaust was a pain in the ass and rusted together so I ended up having to cut it in 2. Also those rubber brackets freaking suck! Damn is it hard to pop the exhaust out of them!

Anyway I got it on and sounds nice! Excited to drive I work tomorrow! Too dark for more pictures so I'll update tomorrow!

Cheers to a long wait finally coming to an end!
IMG_7649.jpg

JeepJeep75

Over a 3 month wait had finally come to an end!!! My exhaust showed up today!

View attachment 248330

Though I have real life work to take care of that can wait since I waited so long for this! So I got it installed tonight.
View attachment 248331

The stock exhaust was a pain in the ass and rusted together so I ended up having to cut it in 2. Also those rubber brackets freaking suck! Damn is it hard to pop the exhaust out of them!

Anyway I got it on and sounds nice! Excited to drive I work tomorrow! Too dark for more pictures so I'll update tomorrow!

Cheers to a long wait finally coming to an end!
View attachment 248332

Nice!!!!! [emoji106] looking forward to hearing what it sounds like! [emoji16]

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just saw your build, love the color and jealous of the half doors. Cant wait to see it on the new axles :thumb:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Just saw your build, love the color and jealous of the half doors. Cant wait to see it on the new axles :thumb:

Thanks hinrichs!

Oh man you have no idea how excited I am about the axles!! The whole time in the rocks this last weekend I was so nervous! But I know I was getting axles and Dillards09 was like "wheels what you got" so I went after it! Haha. It turned out ok, but I can see how a D30 would not last long.

The half doors is most if not all the reason, except it's an automatic, of why I bought it!

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Here is the old exhaust I had to cut out!

IMG_7651.jpg

And it installed!

Image1489716523.063241.jpg

Now I just need to "self clearance" it!

But man does this thing sounds sweet!!! Worth the wait.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Oh what's this???

Image1489716749.020588.jpg

And I also got these in the mail today:
IMG_7655.jpg

Only fixed half the problem. The bump stops themselves we're wearing away so needed these. And I found out the new axles will have bump stops the length I need so that works PERFECT!!!

Top Bottom