The Diez build thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkac

Caught the Bug
That doesn't make sense at all!! If you raise the collar 1/2", you should be 1/2" taller... Maybe it netted 1" because you had it jacked up and let the springs rest? Now they've settled back down?

I thought a lot about this. I was thinking the same thing. The issue is when you tighten the coils they are compressing tighter because they are being forced down because the bottom doesn't move. Make since?

bkac

Caught the Bug
I spent the evening wiring and more wiring. I finally wired my tire carrier up for led lights, an ORO license plate light and 3rd brake light, I ran the cb antenna wire through the tailgate, and I wired a new dedicated run off the spod for the arb 50q fridge. I wired 2 5" led round lights on the pillars. I drilled and bolted the front pinch seams from where I cut the old bolts out. I then ran a dedicated run from the spod to the CB. Trying to get the final things situated before the Rubi run in less then 2 weeks! Tomorrow week be to install a new crossmember and evo protek crossmember skid!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Had a great time yesterday at Browns Camp. Diez did great and is just about ready for a run through the Rubi.
I did airplane, 7up, tried can opener. Airplane did my brand new protek crossmember skid and my factory tcase skid. 7up was crazy steep!

Attachments

• 1442885209986.jpg
    1442885209986.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 1442885221995.jpg
    1442885221995.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 1442885232825.jpg
    1442885232825.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 1442885246665.jpg
    1442885246665.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 1442885263418.jpg
    1442885263418.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 1442885279003.jpg
    1442885279003.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 186

K.D.C.H

Looking great Bobby, glad it was a good shakedown for the Rubicon coming up. Have fun bro and safe travels

07JKSahara

Looks like fun. I'm really excited to make it up there and wheel. Unfortunately, if I get mud on my jeep I'll need to sell it.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looks like fun. I'm really excited to make it up there and wheel. Unfortunately, if I get mud on my jeep I'll need to sell it.
Honestly, the mud wasn't bad. Can't wait to have ya up here.

Definitely one of the better rigs I've seen. Nicely done!
Thanks a lot.

Looking great Bobby, glad it was a good shakedown for the Rubicon coming up. Have fun bro and safe travels
Hate you can't make it! See ya soon hopefully.

K.D.C.H

Hate you can't make it! See ya soon hopefully.

Yea I'm seriously not liking the fact that's I'm not able to make it. Still hoping you'll all postpone it until he following weekend :D

I'll make sure my events next year don't conflict with my fun time with you guys :cheesy:

Yea I'm seriously not liking the fact that's I'm not able to make it. Still hoping you'll all postpone it until he following weekend :D

I'll make sure my events next year don't conflict with my fun time with you guys :cheesy:

Hey I'll be all for postponing it :yup: that gives me an extra week to get Petey together :thumb:

Back Country

Had a great time yesterday at Browns Camp. Diez did great and is just about ready for a run through the Rubi.
I did airplane, 7up, tried can opener. Airplane did my brand new protek crossmember skid and my factory tcase skid. 7up was crazy steep!

That looks like a fun trip, I really want to see Oregon. Your jeep looks Great!

bkac

Caught the Bug
I've been working quite a bit on Diez the past few days ironing out a few bugs. I ordered a rock hard t-case skid, rock krawler rear lower arms, (I need to adjust my pinion angle a bit to eliminate a vibration from the yoke actually pointing up about 3 degrees from the Driveshaft) I wired in an arb twin compressor and cleaned up all my light and spod wiring. I also placed an order for my rock lights! Things seem to be coming together. I'm looking forward to a few days away from work wheeling with great friends and family!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Really digging the amount of extra coverage the rock hard skid adds and is much heavier duty then the protek skids I have. After 30 mins with a sledge hammer I was able to straighten my protek crossmember skid. Just v need to bolt them back up then off to installing my new rock krawler lower rear arms!

Attachments

• 1443048933670.jpg
    1443048933670.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 1443048943119.jpg
    1443048943119.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 163

JK LYF

Really digging the amount of extra coverage the rock hard skid adds and is much heavier duty then the protek skids I have. After 30 mins with a sledge hammer I was able to straighten my protek crossmember skid. Just v need to bolt them back up then off to installing my new rock krawler lower rear arms!

Very nice. I need those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom