"The General" Build Thread

FLKEYSJK

Got my Jeep slush mats in the mail from quadratec today, love the tread pattern and now I don't have to worry about how dirty my shoes are! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455223169.491244.jpg

FLKEYSJK

Lol. I thought for a second you had mounted that thing to the steering wheel by the way the picture looked. Like, man, this guy is really ready for a fire!

Lmao [emoji23] no I'm not that worried about my jeep spontaneously combusting. (still haven't figured out where I want it yet though)

FLKEYSJK

So after looking around my jeep I finally decided to mount it on the side of the drivers seat. It doesn't contact the door but it's pretty close ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455227077.003322.jpg

FLKEYSJK

Today my Dynomax DYN39522 came in, here's a comparison between stock and the Dynomax ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455842789.596371.jpg I'm not sure what was wrong but for some reason the pipe was too long so I had to cut a few inches out of it ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455842928.127322.jpg I made a comparison of the exhaust notes without the muffler and straight out of the Y pipe then the Dynomax http://youtu.be/A2Pm5ZIsWL4

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Today my Dynomax DYN39522 came in, here's a comparison between stock and the Dynomax View attachment 188731 I'm not sure what was wrong but for some reason the pipe was too long so I had to cut a few inches out of it View attachment 188732 I made a comparison of the exhaust notes without the muffler and straight out of the Y pipe then the Dynomax http://youtu.be/A2Pm5ZIsWL4

Wow, the Dynomax system is really compact. Nice sound too. Thanks for taking the time to put together that comparison video. Hopefully you gained some clearance too.

FLKEYSJK

Wow, the Dynomax system is really compact. Nice sound too. Thanks for taking the time to put together that comparison video. Hopefully you gained some clearance too.

Yeah i gained a lot of clearance where that massive muffler was hanging down below the bumper, also I think it looks a lot cleaner back there now

FLKEYSJK

I also forgot to mention that I picked up a little bit of performance with this exhaust. To test it I did a pull in 3rd gear from 40-50 mph 3 times before and after the exhaust was installed. The average time before was 4.65 seconds. The average after was 4.24 seconds. I know that's not a lot but I wasn't expecting anything so I'm happy. I'm hoping that I might get a little bit better gas mileage but I'm more likely to be heavy on the right foot until the cool factor of the sound wears off so time will tell

HIHOSilverAwaay

Not having fog lights was kinda getting annoying to me so I bought some cheap led light pods off amazon. View attachment 185533 They put off a good amount of light but I still need to wait till dark to aim them so I don't piss off oncoming traffic lol. View attachment 185534

Damn you for adding a "free" mod to my list! I really like the way the open bumper looks with the led fogs.

Edit: sorry I'm a couple week late on this.

Last edited:

FLKEYSJK

Damn you for adding a "free" mod to my list! I really like the way the open bumper looks with the led fogs.

Edit: sorry I'm a couple week late on this.

Thanks lol. I think it makes the jeep look a lot more aggressive and being free is always a plus.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Today my Dynomax DYN39522 came in, here's a comparison between stock and the Dynomax View attachment 188731 I'm not sure what was wrong but for some reason the pipe was too long so I had to cut a few inches out of it View attachment 188732 I made a comparison of the exhaust notes without the muffler and straight out of the Y pipe then the Dynomax http://youtu.be/A2Pm5ZIsWL4

The Evo exhaust is made for a 4 door. Since you have a 2 door you are suppose to cut it like you did.

FLKEYSJK

The Evo exhaust is made for a 4 door. Since you have a 2 door you are suppose to cut it like you did.

Ok that makes sense I'm not sure why 4WP said it would be a bolt in for the 2 door. Any suggestions on what I should do about the last hanger? If you look in the video I have it hanging on the bracket they give you, it's pretty tight but I want to get it set up better than that

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok that makes sense I'm not sure why 4WP said it would be a bolt in for the 2 door. Any suggestions on what I should do about the last hanger? If you look in the video I have it hanging on the bracket they give you, it's pretty tight but I want to get it set up better than that

It's hard to see in the video. Can you go take a pic please

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I forgot you had that exhaust, I saw it on your YouTube channel when I was looking for sound clips.

That video is actually the rock crawler system. It uses the muffler in the same spot but the pipe exists the driver side rear. I swapped in the the shorter Evo pipe over the summer but will be switching back due to state inspection laws

Top Bottom